cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Walmart vs Cracker Barrel for overnight stops off I 95

Lakegirl
Explorer
Explorer
We need a stop near Florida/Georgia border off I95. We will be in a 35 ft Motorhome towing a jeep. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. We have never had a layover at either, so not sure what to do. Thanks!
34 REPLIES 34

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
malexander wrote:
I've thought about Cracker Barrels, but they all seem sort of hard to get into. The stalls seems too small. Therefore, I like the bigger parking lots.

Good Point on the size of the lots. However all locations are different.
I have been to WM with height bars in place to keep RV's out.
I have been To WM's that are in questionable/seedy locations that are not desirable for overnighting.
Cracker Barrel lots are much smaller but if you are coming in late a leaving early, before the crowds arrive you are generally OK.
There is no across the board best choice, each situation and location must be taken on its own merrit
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Lakegirl wrote:
We need a stop near Florida/Georgia border off I95. We will be in a 35 ft Motorhome towing a jeep. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. We have never had a layover at either, so not sure what to do. Thanks!

Never tried a Cracker Barrel, as they seem somewhat limited.
Do like Walmart however and take advantage of them, when the weather is cool enough. Also pick the ones, next to the interstate, as a general rule. Can't beat their camp store and like no other. Fuel prices when a station is available are usually lower, too.
Still have an Atlas with the listings on the back and it seems that WM has quit selling those. However, downloading RV Parky on your phone will do it for you and more.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
I've thought about Cracker Barrels, but they all seem sort of hard to get into. The stalls seems too small. Therefore, I like the bigger parking lots.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Just north of Jacksonville at the airport exit is an extensive shopping area. Walmart and Cabellas both allow overnight parking. Unless it has recently changed, it is a safe area with lots of eating choices.

AZAmmochief
Explorer
Explorer
You have a choice of both in Jacksonville FL, just south of the border. I would recommend Walmart, because of the room to move around and the many entrances and exits. There is easy access back to the freeway as well.