cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

washer and dryer combo units

campingman55
Explorer
Explorer
how do the ventless ones work do they put hot air in the coach as it drys and which one is a good one either vented or ventless i have a old vented and it keeps getting pulged up at the washer and i have to pull it out to clean it so i want to replace it with a vented one or ventless one
2005 vectra 40fd motor home and wife and our 2 pita malties and a mini poodle
5 REPLIES 5

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ventless models basically boil the clothes. They use a lot of excess water in the process. Get a vented. They work very well if used properly.

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
Call Splendide. There is a procedure that back flushes the dryer filter. When we sold the RV I put a print out of how to do it with the must read stuff for the new owner. It involves filling the washer well over 1/2 full with water then using an almost violent washing cycle a few times. Splendide will explain it and email it to you... it works.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Duplicate post.
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
We never use the dryer portion. With twin slides up front we have a lot of room to put up a folding clothes dryer rack and use that instead. When not in use, the rack folds and goes in one end of the closet. The dryer took too long taking up time that could be used to wash clothes.

Our dryer is vented and I wouldn't want to use an un-vented one.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I would definitely go vented. For drying, ventless models heat the clothes to turn the absorbed water into steam and then use cold water to condense that steam back to liquid water to drain out with the added cold water. Takes a lot of extra water and longer time to dry than a vented model. And common complaint is that the clothes still feel damp. Contrary to frequent comments, it does not add humidity to your coach since the combo is sealed during the process.

Splendid is a proven brand.