cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water fill line leaking how do I access it?

Gundog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Coach is a 2005 Fleetwood expedition 34H. I am in the process of winterizing and I was starting to fill the fresh water tank with RV antifreeze it is running out as fast as I put it in. The tank had water in it before I started with no leaks I can't tell where it is leaking it is above the frame and leaking down. How do you access the top of the water tank? Yes the drain valve is closed it is not coming from there.

I did this last year with no problem. I usually fill the fresh water tank with the fresh water hose in the bypass mode when I am using the coach normal operation. I am trying to put the antifreeze in with the fresh water port.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000
17 REPLIES 17

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWT discharging antifreeze as fast as you input it? Itโ€™s full!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Gundog
Explorer II
Explorer II
cavie wrote:
1st, why are you putting antifreeze in the FW tank? If the tank was full the antifreeze is running out the overflow/vent tube. Stop filling! If you don't have a pump winterizing kit buy one. $15.00. It's a t fitting, a valve and a 2' hose. it allows you to suck antifreeze out of the jug straight into the piping system using your water pump. It goes between the pump and the FW tank. should not take more than 3 gals.

My manual says to do it that way it worked last year. I have not heard of the kit you are talking about but I will look into it.

You don't fill the whole tank with antifreeze it has me drain the fresh water tank and the water heater then put 5 gallons of antifreeze in the fresh water tank the problem is the fill port is leaking somehow and it is leaking rather than going into the tank.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
1st, why are you putting antifreeze in the FW tank? If the tank was full the antifreeze is running out the overflow/vent tube. Stop filling! If you don't have a pump winterizing kit buy one. $15.00. It's a t fitting, a valve and a 2' hose. it allows you to suck antifreeze out of the jug straight into the piping system using your water pump. It goes between the pump and the FW tank. should not take more than 3 gals.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.