cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water leak repair shop (RGV Tx area)

goose62075
Explorer
Explorer
I have a water leak in the front. around the center of the windshield.
had a windshield shop reseal windshield, that didn't fix it. I am very frustrated trying to run this down.
I will be in south Tx (RGV area) in about a week. any suggestions of a leak repair facility around the Mcalan/Mission Tx area ?
2005 H/R Scepter m/h
7 REPLIES 7

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
Can't speak for shops in the area you mentioned, but I had some work done on my coach several years ago at the Texas Trader's located in LaFeria TX.

Good luck
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
THANKS jorbill2or on visqueening the lights! I was thinking of getting some clear duct tape and put over, but love your idea much better!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take and cut some clear plastic viscuine and tape off your clearance lights .. Mine were /,are silicone sealed and look totally sealed but when I did that my leaks stopped .. I'm planning on ordering new lights and having them properly installed / sealed this spring until then the tape and plastic will do the job. Maybe for you too
Bill

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
I've dealt with a leak in my cabover for several years. In reply to my posts many suggest doing a pressure test and I've searched to find a competent tester in Southeast Texas; in fact, I've searched for a tester in many areas and have had no success. It's easy for someone to suggest a pressure test. Finding just the right person to do the test is very difficult. For me, it has been impossible. If you know of one (anywhere) respond here, send me a pm, or email me at mikeleblanc413@yahoo.com. I love spending my money with people who know their job and have something I need. THANKS! Happy New Year!!!!!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
For $100.00 go and get a pressure test, done while you watch.
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

goose62075
Explorer
Explorer
I did try to remove the center clearance light, popped the lens cover off, removed the two long screws, pried as hard as I dared , didn't really want to break something before I head south next week. I really didn't see any other way to get it out. am I missing something here ?
Thanks for calling me goose. I thought I was hearing from an old friend, only had that nickname for 60 years !!!

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
goose, you might want to take a look at the clearance lights as they might need to be re-caulked.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins