cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weater Pro Awning Mis-Alignment

Bagger1955
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2004 thirty-seven ft Fleetwood Pace Arrow and it has a Weather Pro Awning. The last time we used the awning, while retracting, the material shifted on the roller about four inches toward the front of the coach. Now the rails are miss-aligned and the awning will not retract all the way. Itโ€™s done this before but not this bad and I was wonder if thereโ€™s a way to correct the problem myself. Again, the material shifted on the roller side not where its attached to the roof. Any advice would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Bagger1955
Explorer
Explorer
Yup - I did.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear it worked for you...and now for a confession:

I have to do this every so often with my own awning because I'm too lazy to take my own advice about puttin' the durned screws in! :B

I installed the whole shootin' match myself including putting the fabric on, not even realizing that the screws were called for. And by the time I figgered it out, adjusting had become routine. But mine's a lot smaller than yours and likely easier to handle so you're probably better off installing the pesky things.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Bagger1955
Explorer
Explorer
I did what you suggested and the awning aligns perfectly now. Thanks again.

Bagger1955
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks - I will attempt your suggestion.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
The fabric can be "slid" either way, but take the tension off first. (Open all the way, then use the rafters to create a little sag in the fabric.) Then the pulling begins.- just grab whichever end and pull it into position.

Most awnings have retaining screws in the fabric to prevent such shifting- those have to be removed before adjusting, of course. Though yours might have fallen out already, letting the awning shift. Once you've got it corrected, be sure to replace missing screws.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Moved from Forum Technical Support