cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wet Drivers Side Floor

Big_Blue
Explorer
Explorer
Background: Torrential rains on Friday. Open 2008 Winnebago Destination 40' DP on Sunday, musty southern damp smell. Currently have dehumidifier & fans running to tease the moisture out.

It looks like the leak is centered on the seam where the slide out meets the coach. The floor under the sleeper couch is dry.

What happened? Perhaps there is an issue with the slide awning. Maybe a failed gasket/seal? They seem to be in good shape.

My plan is to dress all of seals. Get on top with the slide in & out & check for visual flaws. After six years, perhaps the slide awning has aged into slow failure.

What would you do next?
Bob & Patty Smith
both USAF Retired
5 REPLIES 5

Big_Blue
Explorer
Explorer
After 24 hours with the dehumidifier and fan, all is dry again. Now, time for the inspection. Awnings look good. Gaskets pliable, no sign of drying, hardness or degradation. At one upper corner, one of the flap gaskets has a two inch tear. Will check the drain slots tomorrow.

Heading out this weekend, will dress the slides at the RV site. Always something next to tinker with.

Tnx for the recommendations.
Bob & Patty Smith
both USAF Retired

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
If this only happens in torrential rains and not normal rains I would look at the drain slots in the bottom of window to make sure they are clear. Also you can lift up the felt/rubber tracks where the window slides and clean that area.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
x2 what kokois1 said. Check your window sealant.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

kokois1
Explorer
Explorer
Check your sealant around your windows. I had to reseal mine last summer. It was on the slide side as well.
Steve and LuAnne
2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 33U
Ford V10 Power Platform
Golden Retriever: KoKo

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd do two person testing with a spray nozzle and hose to try and imitate the rain. Start low and work your way up so if/when you find the leak you at least have a general idea where to start looking.