cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

58bird
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil, oil filter, and drained and replaced the trans fluid in the pan. Ready to try out the upgraded Scan Guage II this weekend.

2003 Bounder 35E

Koni FSD shocks

[purple]Hellwig anti-sway bar both ends[/purple]

RJ:R

SKIRMISH
Explorer
Explorer
Installed two MaxxAir vent covers.

murffdog
Explorer
Explorer
mhaislet wrote:
I sat in my MH and watched a football game away from my family and loved every minute of it..
They sat with the power off in the house,due to a serious passing storm lol.........
Man I love my Mh ..

And you didn't get a beatin from the wife? You da man!

murffdog
Explorer
Explorer
Got it inspected, $15.00 + $5.00 tip, Topped off the LP tank, $22.00 and filled the gas tank, $98.00. (couldn't squeeze in 2 more $) $140.00, fun morning, ready to go!

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
Found out why the heater didn't work. Just in time for a fall camping trip.
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

amos_pentagram
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we bought a 1983 Midas about six months ago and have been restoring it. This past weekend we were able to take it on it's Maiden cruise to Natural Bridge State Resort park in eastern kentucky, about articles away. Everything worked well except for a few really insignificant issues.

The only serious problem was when we were pulling into the drive returning home. My drive dips suddenly at the road and as pulled in the trailer jack dug into the road and I couldn't go forward or reverse. I had to disconnect the hitch, jack up the trailer, get my Cherokee out of the garage, hook it to the trailer and pull it up the drive to park it. The embarrassing part was that the whole neighborhood picked that time while I was sideways in the road to get in their cars to make that early afternoon trip.

We spent the day Saturday driving the back trails of the area with our Jeepin' friends. Notice the lack of campers in the campgrounds. All of the campgrounds were booked up a head of time and packed. We found this one at the last minute, only 1/2 mile from the exit and the State Park. Talk about lucky.

SKIRMISH
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I finished the Ride-Rite airbags today, never even had to jack it up or remove the wheels, got under and looked and there were the two bracket holes lined up perfectly. In the meantime I had rented a big ol' honkin' floorjack for $20 for the day. I don't know why I couldn't see them yesterday. Oh well, I'm done and they're great!

SKIRMISH
Explorer
Explorer
I put my other airbag on, did one today, one yesterday, still have to jack it up, remove the wheels and drill the frame for the mounts. I guess I'll rent a jack, mine wouldn't lift the rear end. CURSES!

RV_my_private_j
Explorer
Explorer
Got yelled at again for spending more time doing things to the RV then anything else!
"...sometimes your the pigeon, other times the statue."

mhaislet
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
Custom bodywork: I swung the RR corner against something in a gas station and ripped off about 1/2 sq. ft. of rear wall.

I did the same today on a trip to Lundington,MI.
But only scuffed the trim on the lp tank door Im gonna make a wider turn next time.Im sure its a 500.00 scuff at the shop rate.
Its always 500.00 or higher.
The wind was a real hassle today along the lake esspecially heading south into those 30-45 mph gusts,inland on 131 heading south things where a bit better.
The color tour was worth the trip.
Nice RV parks off of m-37.
Man on man Im going back up there with boat in tow next year,this week I winterize before I get caught with my pants down.
This trip helped shake any water loose in the MH all valves open.

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
NavyChaps wrote:
Today I continued framing my new entertainment center in the cabover area!

Pics please when you're done, we'd like to see your handywork.
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
Today I continued framing my new entertainment center in the cabover area!
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

Montys_Best
Explorer
Explorer
Dinosaurman wrote:
Montys Best wrote:
Bought a locking gas cap.

I have to store the MH at the county fair grounds where it will be somewhat out of the weather, and unfortunately, out of my sight for... five... months... (I hate to type that!). I won't be able to look at it, start it, or check on it until spring, so I was thinking with the gas prices like they are, I don't want $100 in gasoline sitting there for someone to siphon out.

Monty, If you're going to leave it stored for 5 months better treat your gas with Sta-bil to keep it from going bad.

Thanks Dinosaurman... Already taken care of!

There's quite a few things I have to do to store it for that long in our cold Michigan winters, like fog the generator, remove the house battery, dryer sheets in all enclosed "mouse prone" areas, Decon, RV antifreeze, put any "mouse nest materials" in air tight storage containers, remove all food items, remove smoke/co2 detector batteries, park tires on plywood scraps... the list goes on and on.
1993 Jayco Eagle
Wife, 2 kids, and me
"Best investment we ever made!"

pistonsfan
Explorer
Explorer
I gave the C a good bath after our trip to Traverse City last weekend - left in the rain, came home in the rain - but the middle two days were great. It is amazing how much road "gunk" ends up on the back wall of the motor home.

After washing the exterior, I washed the all the windows, inside and out and got about half of the motor home waxed before it got dark. I hope to finish waxing the rest and winterizing next weekend......once I find where they hid the water filter.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Not exactly my Class C, but I did go to the California RV Show and saw some really cool ones: Fun Mover on the Ford F-750 chassis and the Gulfstream Super Nova on the International Chassis. Great looking rigs.
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon