cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Nevadastars. My thoughts also. But I think that the whole thermostat will have to be replaced. And I just bet that they won't have this one in stock.
A new switch and off I will go.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
woodworker414 wrote:
I decided to wash the Chateau. Get rid of the road grime. It needed it. I start on the rear. When finished I went to the streetside. Staying ahead of the sun. As I came around the corner, I heard a noise. So I walked up the side of the C, and found out that the furnace was running. UUUUUMMMMMMMM, its not on. I go inside and check the thermostat. Switch is set to off, and fan switch is set to auto. I move the switches and the blower still runs. To shut down the blower, had to pull the fuse. Back to the dealer this coming Thursday.
What do you think would cause a blower on a furnace to come on by itself?
Have a great weekend.
Remember why its called Memorial Day.

My guess would be a bad switch. Not sure what else it could be.
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
I decided to wash the Chateau. Get rid of the road grime. It needed it. I start on the rear. When finished I went to the streetside. Staying ahead of the sun. As I came around the corner, I heard a noise. So I walked up the side of the C, and found out that the furnace was running. UUUUUMMMMMMMM, its not on. I go inside and check the thermostat. Switch is set to off, and fan switch is set to auto. I move the switches and the blower still runs. To shut down the blower, had to pull the fuse. Back to the dealer this coming Thursday.
What do you think would cause a blower on a furnace to come on by itself?
Have a great weekend.
Remember why its called Memorial Day.
Brenda and Bill
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
Went to Lowes and picked up a nice satin finish Delta faucet to replace the original white one that started to leak.

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
waianaegal wrote:
taking it and the toad from Minden NV to Placerville CA, yippy over Echo Summit in the Sierras... mid week should be ok...

Have fun, but you know you will have a bunch of impatient motorists in cars behind you,especially coming back up the hill. Been that route many times, but not in the MH.

suicidetuna
Explorer
Explorer
This week I finished the TV mount for my 50' and upgraded to HID lights.

Next week I have to finish up the Invisibrake install and then the Directv satelite.

You can see all the upgrades here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIE4uLJbg5F-ET52BKpd3dg

waianaegal
Explorer
Explorer
taking it and the toad from Minden NV to Placerville CA, yippy over Echo Summit in the Sierras... mid week should be ok...

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
A small panel below the sink has a light switch mounted to it, very thin paneling. It broke free from the framework so I glued two pieces of 1 by 2 behind it to add some support. It was stapled on but chinsy by all means. Also cranked up the satellite dish to get TV reception so I don't have to re-set the receiver on the computer from non use. El Mirage time trials out in the desert coming up, can't wait. The other day I took advantage of the rain and soaped it up and let the rain do the rest....

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
Drove it
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Today I de-winterized the MH. Drained the antifreeze, filled the fresh water tank and lines with chlorinated water, let it sit for 4 hrs then drained it. refilled with just water, drained and refilled. Ready to go now.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

VagabondRetiree
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
How old were the tires?

They were 2011 but I was going by mileage on them, not smart, now I know.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I tried cleaning the seal with the toilet in place and couldn't do it. The seal faces down, against the valve, and I couldn't reach parts of the seal and couldn't see any of it.

With the toilet removed I removed the seal and could see what I was doing and see when it was clean. Putting the seal back in was tricky. Trying to hold the valve open and get at the seal to push it back into position when working thru the opening at the base of the toilet, about 4" diameter and the seal is 3 or 4 inches inside.

We are talking about the seal that keeps the water in the bowl. Not the seal between the toilet and the drain to the black tank.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
tenbear wrote:
At the end of last summer my toilet wasn't holding water very well, so this spring I removed the toilet and cleaned the seal. The toilet is a Thetford Aquamagic V.

The seal had a rough coating, probably calcium. I removed the seal, scraped the coating off and put it back in place. I left the toilet with some water in it for a few days to see if my fix had worked. It held water for several days so I put it back in the MH. All seems well. This was the second time I have cleaned the seal. Time will tell how long it will last.
Was it really necessary to remove the toilet to clean the seal?

I have cleaned the seal by holding the trap door open.

If after a good cleaning, the seal is still not doing so well, I plan to try what I do with wiper blades to extend their life. That is to wipe the rubber clean with lacquer thinner. A lot of loose black rubber particles clean off nicely which offers a clean sweep like when the wiper blades were new.

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning everyone. Refilled the fresh water tank. Deep cleaned the inside of the rig. Washed all the windows also inside. Cleanded the inside of the fridge. Getting ready for the next campout with my Good Sam chapter, BugDuckers, first weekend of May. really forward to it. Seeint the chapter members again.took the C to south TX for the winter. My first time being a Snowbird. but in Texas we are called Winter Texans. The C performed just like it was suppose to. This was the first long trip for the C. All is Good.
Brenda and Bill

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
How old were the tires?