cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

where is the electric transfer switch located

_Gambler3
Explorer
Explorer
Having problems - need to locate the electric transfer switch in my 1990 Champion Ultrastar Class A Motorhome.
11 REPLIES 11

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you found it. In my first coach, Damon Daybreak '01, they hid the fool thing behind a panel in the bedroom next to the television set about 4 feet above the electric entrance. At that point I didn't know what it was or what it did. It just failed in the middle of the night and defaulted to Gen as it was intended.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

_Gambler3
Explorer
Explorer
Found the transfer switch and it was attached to the rear of the breaker panel box under the kitchen sink (VERY HIDDEN)! Thanks to you all for the help. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is in the far rear driver's side basement compartment. Shore line goes directly to it.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Mine's under the bed.
2014 American Eagle

_Gambler3
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all will let you know how I make out with issue.

chevyman2
Explorer
Explorer
usually units that old do not have a transfer switch.
As mentioned. Do you have to manually plug your cord in to an outlet marked Generator somewhere in the compartments? If you do, there is no transfer switch.

Why do you need to know its location?
Tim-DW(Kathy)
12 Chevy Sonic DD, 03 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE, 2001 Jayco KIWI
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream-then I am living the dream

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my Damon I visualized the wires coming from the INLET and the GENERATOR and going to the Distribution panel (Breaker box) and logically the place was ....

Well I looked and there was a panel, I removed it and dang near passed out in shock cause hiding behind the panel where logically it should be was the transfer switch.. last place in the world I'd have though the company would have put it.. but there it was, in the most logical place.

I know this does not help.. but.. Think about my surprise.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our previous Coachmen, the ATS was mounted on the back of the converter box. Our current Landau doesn't have one (yet).
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
Don't want to sound too simplistic but maybe you don't have one. If you have to manually switch the power cord from the genset to the power post, you don't have one.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
It's attached to the end of your power cord. Trace your cord back to a box about the size of a cigar box.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Usally close to the electric bay. My last class A actually had it located in the electric bay. My coach now has it under the rear bath cabnets but it could be almost anywhere. Just trace the power cable in and you will eventually find it. Good luck.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows