Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU
42 REPLIES 42

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
And... more snow is forecast for Saturday (tomorrow). Hopefully just flurries.

Unbelievable, huh? I'm going to a kayak show tomorrow....it'll be hard to get in the spirit when it's snowing!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
And... more snow is forecast for Saturday (tomorrow). Hopefully just flurries.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
tahiti16 wrote:
breaking records here 94 at 10:30 this morning at the beach!

Unfortunately that just means everything is going to be very brown before June since we are way behind on rain!

I hate the heat. I will keep our snow and cold.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
2015 Wrangler JKU

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
breaking records here 94 at 10:30 this morning at the beach!

Unfortunately that just means everything is going to be very brown before June since we are way behind on rain!
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Well, our 2-4 inches turned into almost 6 inches by this morning - didn't stop until 11am. After plowing until 2am, I need to go back out (12noon next day) to cleanup properties.

I am ready for camping!!

lakings10
Explorer
Explorer
Don't mean to sound like a dick, but we're already having to kick on the AC here in Cali! :B
2015 Thor Hurricane 27k

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry. Not my intention to offend. That said it sounded like you were denying what the experts say. True this planet has undergone many changes for many different reasons and some have been really bad for the inhabitants. It is the view of many experts who do nothing but study these matters that the one that is currently in front of us could be mitigated if we can take certain action. Of course if giant solar storms mess with us then we are helpless. I misunderstood you. We agree there have been climate changes and you are not saying we should not take measures to attempt to avoid or lessen the one before us. I mistook you for one of those people who deny science and for that I apologize.

jfkmk wrote:
Goldencrazy wrote:
And being the expert you are you see no difference now

in the atmosphere since you were around in the last ice age? Give us a break. We are not stupid.

jfkmk wrote:
Goldencrazy wrote:
It is climate change in a much bigger fashion than was anticipated. The warming is at the poles. It does not mean all places will be warmer. The poles impact the weather so we are seeing colder in some areas and warmer in others. The patterns are different. Mid-west that normally has a lot of snow had very little as it all went east. Many records this winter. I was in Orlando in February and while there we had a record for low and high within one week. While you travel go see the glaciers that are disappearing and you will realize how serious this can be. It is not a farce. Our planet is changing and not for the better.

The climate is ALWAYS changing. How many ice ages has the earth gone through?

Chill! I read through my post several times and not one did I claim to be an expert However, there is no denying the earth has been through ice ages before, and there is no doubt there will be many more.....with or without man's help. You only have to look at the brief recorded history of our weather to realize weather patterns change. Sheesh.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Goldencrazy wrote:
And being the expert you are you see no difference now in the atmosphere since you were around in the last ice age? Give us a break. We are not stupid.

jfkmk wrote:
Goldencrazy wrote:
It is climate change in a much bigger fashion than was anticipated. The warming is at the poles. It does not mean all places will be warmer. The poles impact the weather so we are seeing colder in some areas and warmer in others. The patterns are different. Mid-west that normally has a lot of snow had very little as it all went east. Many records this winter. I was in Orlando in February and while there we had a record for low and high within one week. While you travel go see the glaciers that are disappearing and you will realize how serious this can be. It is not a farce. Our planet is changing and not for the better.

Chill! I read through my post several times and not one did I claim to be an expert However, there is no denying the earth has been through ice ages before, and there is no doubt there will be many more.....with or without man's help. You only have to look at the brief recorded history of our weather to realize weather patterns change. Sheesh.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
We have 38 and a little snow covering the grass but it's wet. Daffodils are up. Snow Geese been goin N and supposed to be 60 tomorrow.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
alexleblanc wrote:
mike brez wrote:
I see you live in a igloo. :B

starting to feel like it! we've gotten record amounts of snow this year.

Just curious: Would the heating bill be less because of the extra insulation provided by the snow?

Yes but the electric goes way up because you need to run the a/c because of all the extra insulation.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
2015 Wrangler JKU

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
alexleblanc wrote:
mike brez wrote:

Just curious: Would the heating bill be less because of the extra insulation provided by the snow?
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
I still have 5 feet of snow in my front yard and about 3 in the back. This winter has been a killah.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
And being the expert you are you see no difference now in the atmosphere since you were around in the last ice age? Give us a break. We are not stupid.

jfkmk wrote:
Goldencrazy wrote:

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:

TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7