cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield crack in Phoenix

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small chip and 1/2" crack in the middle of my one piece windshield. I have glass coverage and have a "repair" scheduled for Monday. But if it progresses to needing full replacement does anyone have experience or recommendations for replacing windshield in Phoenix?
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad
9 REPLIES 9

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Never never ever use RV glass solutions! They sent me to a shop last June that had never done an RV. Shop said 4 hour job and it took 10. They broke a mirror, messed up a spot on the cap where they pried on the cap to take out the windshield. They called me in Jan. And tried to collect a deductible I paid the shop. Told them I paid the shop and about the issues for the third time. Just today, they called again twice and wanted the deductible. Kidding me? Year later numerous phone calls, I told him I'd be happy to have him pay for the mirror fiberglass and reselling the windshield that leaked if he'd cover my expenses.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
Well, RV Glass Solutions will get my business if (or when) the repair that was done today fails, which I expect it will sooner than later. Thanks to all who replied!!
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
another vote for RV Glass Solutions in Phoenix. They did both of my windshields. Pleased with their work so far. Nice facility too.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I had both of my windshields replaced by RV Glass Solutions in Phoenix. Real pleased with the service and price.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
ezgoin wrote:
I have a small chip and 1/2" crack in the middle of my one piece windshield. I have glass coverage and have a "repair" scheduled for Monday. But if it progresses to needing full replacement does anyone have experience or recommendations for replacing windshield in Phoenix?

When I was in college I actually worked for a windshied replacement store in Phoenix. I'd recommend them to you, but that was the summer of 1979 and I'm not sure if they are still there.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
darn bug hit it and it is now a full crack. the bug had a wood handle in his mouth with a steel thingy on the end.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even if you need a new one RV Glass Solutions has a warehouse in Phoenix.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Biggest problem with RV windshields is that nobody has them in stock. Expect a delay in getting it.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV Glass Solutions will come to your location, wherever you are to change your windshield. RV Glass Solutions