cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago Journey 36M

lrash
Explorer
Explorer
I have one stupid question and one regular question. 1) What does the 36M stand for? It is a Winnebago Journey 36M.. 2) Does anyone have any comments good or bad, especially items to watch out for on a Winnebago Journey 36M. Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
M is the series
2009 Challenger

lrash
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for responses.

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
A 36M is 36.8 ft long - no idea what the M it for

We have driven ours 34,000 miles and stayed in 160 campground so that means the slide has gone in and out well over 300 times in the 4 1/2 years we have owned it and the slides (both) are fine.

Funny about the closet my pants fit fine on a hanger and DW has dresses hanging - never been a issue

Your 36M is listed as 36'8". But in every year since, the 36M is listed as 37'3"

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
pulsar wrote:
The biggest issue with the 36M is the Schwintek slide system, particular on the big passenger-side slide. A good idea, but poor implementation; the slide is too easy to get out of alignment, causing real problems.

A much smaller problem is the size (height) of the wardrobe. It is not tall enough to to hang pants or dresses.

We have a 2015 Meridian 36M We like the coach, but we've had back at Forest City once, to fix the slide. The majority of people that were there, while we were, had slide issues.

Tom

X2 on this. You really should avoid Winnies with the Schwintek slide system. Don't know the exact production run on the problem units. I think it included 2014 and early 2015 units. Somebody will chime in here with the exact information.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
A 36M is 36.8 ft long - no idea what the M it for

We have driven ours 34,000 miles and stayed in 160 campground so that means the slide has gone in and out well over 300 times in the 4 1/2 years we have owned it and the slides (both) are fine.

Funny about the closet my pants fit fine on a hanger and DW has dresses hanging - never been a issue
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
The biggest issue with the 36M is the Schwintek slide system, particular on the big passenger-side slide. A good idea, but poor implementation; the slide is too easy to get out of alignment, causing real problems.

A much smaller problem is the size (height) of the wardrobe. It is not tall enough to to hang pants or dresses.

We have a 2015 Meridian 36M We like the coach, but we've had back at Forest City once, to fix the slide. The majority of people that were there, while we were, had slide issues.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

lrash
Explorer
Explorer

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
36 is the length. It's just over 36 feet. M is just a model number.
What year? Might be able to help with that.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog