cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago View Profile 24V Gray Water disposal

FLSnowflake
Explorer
Explorer
We've recently downsized to the Winnebago View Profile 24V. What we're reading is that you have to activate the waste pump in order to empty the Gray Water tank. Our question: does this mean that you can't leave the gray water valve open when parked and expect that gray water will drain via a gravity feed? This is what we're used to in all of our previous RVs. We're understanding the View manual to say that the gray water won't drain at all unless the Waste Pump is running - and that requires someone to hold it in the "on" position the entire time you want it to drain.

We would appreciate any clarification and words of advise. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

PaisleyDale
Explorer
Explorer
You are correct, the only way to drain the gray water is using the macenator pump and yes you do have hold it down the entire time. I wish it had gravity disposal but it doesn't and I did not find this out till we did our PDI. It really has not been a problem for us yet but then we have not stayed very long in a camp ground either. It also takes 2 gallons of the RV Anti-freeze to winterize the macenator too.
2014 Winnebago View Profile 24v
2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport 2.0 4motion
1998 Honda CR-V toad

FLSnowflake
Explorer
Explorer
I failed to indicate in my initial posting - this is a 2014 Winnebago View Profile 24V . . . from talking to others with Views . . . the earlier years have gravity fed black and gray water disposal.

FLSnowflake
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. We're unable to determine if we have a mascerator or not . . . we're told that we will have to pull off the cover of the Water Service Center and get behind it to find out. The other thing we think we've learned is that there is no way to empty the gray water tank if the Drain Pump malfunctions. We filled the gray water tank to Full and were still unable to get any gravity fed drainage - the gray water will only drain with the Drain Pump running, and you must manually hold down the switch the entire time. Until we learn differently, or can somehow correct the issues, these are two huge drawbacks to the View 24V, in our opinion.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you have a macerator pump. if it doesn't have a bypass you will have to run it to drain both tanks. but there should just be a switch to turn it off and on, shouldn't need to hold it. if it does just have a momentary switch, I would put in a standard on/off one.
bumpy

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2008 View and the manual says to open the black water valve and empty that first. Then close the black water valve and open the grey water valve to empty that. There is no pump involved in hours.

In addition I have an adapter from CW where I attach the hose and backfill some water into the tanks to flush them out better.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.