cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago View Profile Community

JeffAndMaria
Explorer
Explorer
We've got the Winnebago View Profile 24G on our wishlist. I thought it would be nice to start a conversation with other owners of the Winnebago View Profile (e.g., 24J, 24M, 24G, 24V). As a newly renewed, but previous Good Sam member from way back, I thought it would be good to do it here.

How do you like your View Profile? Any tricks or tips?

We've got a million questions already about different options; if we can't find good advice from dealers, we'll post a query to this thread.

Wish us luck!
32 REPLIES 32

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
We have two cats who travel with us. They stay in the RV unless on a leash.

Our 08 View 24H propane usage is minimal. I guess it would depend on how warm you want to sleep or how much you cook but we filled up our propane tank over a month ago and still have almost 2/3 reading. We dry camp but have an inverter installed so do not run the generator much. I prefer to eat out and we use an electric heater when we have hook ups.
1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

JeffAndMaria
Explorer
Explorer
Screen Room Add-Ons

We're contemplating the View Profile 24G and we'll be traveling with a couple of kitties. We'd like to set up a screen room off the main side door and be able to let them out. I used to have a screen room on my old Class C and it zipped all up and had a skirt that went around the RV itself to make a full enclosure.

Is there such a thing for the View Profile? Do you have one? Do you have cats? Tips/Suggestions?

If you have examples of websites where we can look at options, that would be swell (and within the rules as I read them).

JeffAndMaria
Explorer
Explorer
Generator Options

I like the idea of not having to fill that teensy LP tank all the time, so the "3,200 Watt Cummins Onan Diesel Generator" sounds convenient.

HOWEVER, I do like the "Quiet" part of the name of the other option: the "3,600 Watt Cummins Onan MicroQuiet LP Generator"!

Does anyone know if the LP generator is really a lot quieter? How long does it take to drain the 13 gal LP tank? For that matter, how many "gallons per hours" of diesel does that version use up on average (with A/C on)?