cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do I need my fan on when cooking in the oven?

dradeng
Explorer
Explorer
Title says it all. Do I need to ru my fan while the oven is on like I do with the stove tops?
17 REPLIES 17

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Since we dry camp most of the time, we don't have ability to run the fan, so I either crack open a window in the kitchen or if the weather is good, I open the door. I do both always, when cooking whether stove top or oven.

We also found that the toaster (or most any kind of cooking), sets off the alarm, but opted to take back the toaster since we could only use it when hooked up, which rarely happens, and running the generator for the toaster is not worth it. Instead we placed a small fan on the shelf near the alarm and run it when cooking.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
In our Grand Design Reflection there isn't any exhaust fan of either kind. We do have a small window at the back of the stovetop and a max air fan in the ceiling close to where the stove/oven is but that's it. So I don't think it's necessary to use yours. We did change out our smoke detectors though as the original ones installed were going off constantly. They would even go off when making toast when there was no visible smoke. They were ionization smoke detectors and we switched them out with the photoelectric type and they don't go off from cooking anymore unless we truly have smoke in the RV.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not unless you burn stuff in oven.

Don't really need to run it using stove top burners
They make more noise then move air....some just vent back into inside area vs venting outside
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31