cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOUISIANA D.O.G.: This Saturday, June 28

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Claiborne Dutch Oven Cookers is having their monthly gathering at Lake Claiborne State Park Nature Center in Homer LA this Saturday, June 28. We will start cooking around 9 am, Demonstrations at 10 am, and lunch is at noon. In addition, The Claiborne Black Pots "Unplugged" Band will be playing and entertaining us before and after we eat.

We need cookers to cook with us! If you would like to cook and have pots & supplies please bring them and cook with us. You can also bring a dish or desert to share if you prefer. The theme is "Potluck". If you don't know how to cook in a Cast Iron Dutch Oven and would like to learn, come by and visit the cookers while they are cooking to learn how it's done. Enjoy the day in the park and sample all the food, fun, fellowship and door prizes.

Come on out with your family & friends and spend the day and enjoy all that Lake Claiborne has to offer. Hope to see you there. -Bob
Our mailing address is:
Claiborne Dutch Oven Cookers, LDOS
Lake Claiborne State Park
Homer, LA 71040
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
2 REPLIES 2

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I daresay that jambalaya will be part of it 😉 Sounds like your mess sgt appreciated the Marines in his group.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

RayUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
I'm really liking the sound of that. Especially the opportunity to learn from the veterans. Since it's in Louisiana, I wonder if there's going to jambalaya. There was a mess Sgt with our unit in Iraq who made a jambalaya that was out of this world. The Cajuns in the unit said it was as good as home.