cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Oven

davosfam
Explorer
Explorer
I have made a New Year's resolution to learn to use the oven in our 5'er. I have used an RV oven once and my biscuits burned on the bottom. My toaster oven gets used a lot but I would like to free up that counter space.

There seem to be a few different solutions:

1. Stoneware or tiles over the burner to dissipate the heat. I worry about this because people have reported the stoneware breaking.

2. Using an airbake pan. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be placed over the burner like the stoneware.

3. Putting foil on the bottom rack, setting that right above the burner and then using the top rack for baking. I only have one rack so this won't work.

I would like to know how everyone else successfully bakes in their oven and how to broil items. We love cheese bread and garlic bread so this is a must.
Shannen and Rick, empty nesters and loving it!
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax
33 REPLIES 33

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
We use an airbake cookie sheet. Everything we bake sits right on top of it. Been using this method for many years - perfect results every time.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
It does not matter if the tile or pizza stone breaks. Just push the pieces together and you get the same results of heat distribution. My tile has been broken for years and no burnt bottoms.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been using a $1.98 Home Depot floor tile for years now.......never has broken.......even if it someday does break, at $1.98 I'm only going to loose a couple of nights sleep over it:B

Seriously, it works......cakes, cookies and biscuits come out GBD.....(Golden Delicious Brown)
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Simple! Lower temperature! If the item calls for 350 degrees, we bake it at 320-325. Bottom does not burn, and bakes even. We never push the temperature to the recommended cooking temperature as the oven appears to run hotter. We've never calibrated the oven, but 25-30 degrees lower than the setting on the knob works very will. We've experimented with a lot of biscuits. Once we got them to cook even, we started doing the same with cakes, pastries, everything, and this seems to be the solution. No stone ware, no gimmicks, no hot spots, no uneven cooking. Works for us.