cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saurkraut Salad

Jerrybo66
Explorer
Explorer
I made my Aunt Rita's Sauerkraut Salad last week and thought you folks may like it.

1- 2 1/2 can sauerkraut... Rinsed
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup " celery
1/2 cup " onions
1/2 cup " green pepper
Mix together.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar.

Bring vinegar and sugar to a boil to dissolve sugar then let cool.
Add 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
Pour over above ingredients, mix thoroughly and let stand in refer at least overnight.

When we used to have a family cook-out Aunt Rita would always ask what she could bring. I'd tell her she didn't need to bring anything, but, her kraut salad would be appreciated.
Support the Country you live in or live in the Country you support
2003 Sierra SP 26'Toy Hauler
1997 F-350, PSD, 4X4, red Crew Cab, long bed.
2007 Arctic Cat Prowler, Arctic Cat 500
5 REPLIES 5

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Sauerkraut Salad is sooo good and it keeps forever in the fridge! If there is any left to put in the fridge!

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Another thanks on this end. Never had kraut in a salad yet am sure the man will appreciate a new way of having it served.

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the recipe. I love sauerkraut.
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
I love sauerkraut salad!

Never added oil though. I like adding in some dill weed and hold the celery, myself.

Note: A No. 2 1/2 can is around 28 oz, you could add two smaller cans and should be fine. Adjust sugar and vinegar if you like.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds interesting. For the sauerkraut, what is that quantity? Thank you.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton