cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Watcher Recipes

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice - fresh squeezed
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

WW Points: 3 servings at 5-P each OR 2 servings at 7-p EACH

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.
291 REPLIES 291

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I don't really have anything right now but I didn't want to lose the thread. I think I am going to concentrate on fish for the next few recipes. Anyone got any new and exciting ways to serve this perfect low fat dish?
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

coribdx
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
Craving Pizza? This will fill the bill.

Bubble Up Pizza Casserole

6 Servings @ 7.5 Points
8 Servings @ 5.5 Points

1 lb lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
16 oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp dried basil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Veggie Toppings (mushrooms, peppers, olives, any of your favorites โ€“ BE CREATIVE)
17 slices Turkey Pepperoni (optional)
15 oz. refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, uncooked, quartered
1.25 c FF or soy mozzarella, shredded

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In skillet, brown meat over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in onion, tomato sauce, basil, garlic and Italian seasoning.

2. Add veggies (mushrooms, peppers, black olives, etcโ€ฆwhatever you like) and pepperoni. Add quartered biscuits; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Steve, I made this for the family last night (two pizza loving teenagers).... It was a hit! Thanks for sharing this outstanding recipe. I used mushrooms, green peppers, olives and some diced tomato for toppings..

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
We had a travel day yesterday and I wanted something quick to fix once we got into our overnight spot. This filled the bill wonderfully.

Taco-Stuffed Pepper Cups

2 medium peppers
1/2 lb lean ground beef (turkey)
2 Tbl chopped onion
1 can (15 1/2 oz.) kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
3 Tbl taco seasoning (almost one package)
1/4 cup FF sour cream
1/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
1/4 cup chopped tomato

Cut peppers in half and remove veins and seeds. Put peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse; set aside

Cook meat and onion in a skillet until no longer pink and onions are soft. Stir in beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes

Spoon meat mixture into peppers. Place in an ungreased 8" square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Top with sour cream, cheese, and tomatoes.

one pepper 261 calories (4 pts)
6 gr. fat 2 saturated

I served this with brown rice (boil in bag - 10 minutes) topped with a Central Market (Heb) frozen Porcini and White mushrooms and Spinach in a herb garlic sauce. (100 calories per serving plus the rice)

I had dinner on the table in about 40 minutes and we had just over 500 calories but more importantly, were satisfied and avoided going out for fried whatever!

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for that tip. Next time I will give it a try. Glad you liked the wraps. DW is a Mexican food addict and if I don't give her some at least a couple of times a week things just don't go well at home!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ That recipe seems to help quell the urges.

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
When I do a whole chicken in the crock pot I wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3" or 4" balls and place them in the bottom of the pot first. Then add your onion, garlic or whatever you like. Set the chicken on top of it all. This allows drainage and keeps the chicken moist, but not mushy. I can't remember where I read about that, but I tried it and I've been doing it ever since. I often make Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup with our leftovers.

I also wanted to comment that while the Simply Roast Pork was excellent, the Chipotle Pork and Avocado Wraps were TO DIE FOR. Hubby and I loved them so much! We have a camping trip planned with my sister and brother-in-law next month and I'm going to roast the pork loin at home and bring it along. When we return from a long day of hiking and geocaching I'll toss the Pork Wraps together. I know my Sis and BIL are going to want the recipe. YUM YUM!

Thanks again for all these, I've had such fun with this thread!

:B

Teri (the RV.netter)

Eric (the significant other)

[purple]Angus (the fur-faced kidlet)[/purple]
The B (2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor RL-4)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I think it has been mentioned on this forum before but I wanted to add it in here as well. We were out of the RV all day yesterday so before leaving I chopped 1/2 an onion and 2 cloves of garlic and put them in the bottom of our crock pot. I used salt, pepper, and a hint of cayenne on and in the cavity of a whole chicken. We returned to a perfectly cooked roasted chicken. I used no liquid. We ate the thigh/leg sections with an ear of corn and half a package of broccoli that I microwaved, and now I have the rest of the cooked chicken for use in recipes or sandwiches. It kept us out of the restaurant or (heaven forbid) the fast food line! And only took less than 15 minutes to have dinner on the table once we returned. I am already thinking chicken enchiladas with some of the left-overs.

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Oh Steve, this sounds like another great one to try. Will let you know if it makes it into our "keeper" file!

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what we had last night. DW and I agreed it was one to go into the permanent file!

Chicken with Mushroom Sauce

2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup FF milk
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
1 Tbl Olive Oil
1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 Tbl reduced fat butter
1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Combine cornstarch and milk in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. Cook chicken in oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-6 minutes per side until bowned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

In same skillet saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in sherry or broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring back to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken.

1 breast with 1/3 cup sauce 212 calories (approx. 5 pts)
8 gr. fat (2 saturated)
Diabetic exchange 3 very lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
KLO wrote:
Steve, I made the Bubble Up Pizza for supper this evening and it's a winner! Going in my permanent file. I just need to half it, we could eat the whole thing and there is just two of us!

My husband ate 22.5 points worth of this last night -- LOLOL! Lucky for HIM he's not the one who has to keep count! Great recipe...

Teri (the RV.netter)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
P.S. Over the weekend I'm doing the Simply Roasted Pork and Chipotle Pork and Avocado Wraps -- YUMMY!

Teri (the RV.netter)

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
Craving Pizza? This will fill the bill.

Bubble Up Pizza Casserole

6 Servings @ 7.5 Points
8 Servings @ 5.5 Points

1 lb lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
16 oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp dried basil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Veggie Toppings (mushrooms, peppers, olives, any of your favorites โ€“ BE CREATIVE)
17 slices Turkey Pepperoni (optional)
15 oz. refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, uncooked, quartered
1.25 c FF or soy mozzarella, shredded

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In skillet, brown meat over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in onion, tomato sauce, basil, garlic and Italian seasoning.

2. Add veggies (mushrooms, peppers, black olives, etcโ€ฆwhatever you like) and pepperoni. Add quartered biscuits; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

I was grocery shopping last night and bought all of the ingredients for this. I didn't have the recipe with me (again) so I was going off of memory and I'm happy to report I didn't miss anything!

I plan to make it for Wednesday night's dinner. I bought 2% mozzarella (because we don't like the fat free) but I bought reduced fat biscuits to even it out...lol! I bought a package of "Grands" because that's all they had in the reduced fat and I'm wondering if I should use the whole package? I was picturing a container of regular biscuits for this recipe so had planned to use half of Grands (give or take). Now as I'm seeing the recipe I notice it calls for a 15 oz can of biscuits and the Grands are a 16.3 oz. can. Think I should use the whole thing? Maybe I'll keep two out and bake them to go with another meal...

Anyway I'm SOOOO in the mood for pizza and I'm really looking forward to Wednesday...

:B

Teri (the RV.netter)

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Craving some pasta?

Baked Confetti Spaghetti

Estimated POINTSยฎ Values Per Serving | 6
Servings | 8

Ingredients

12 oz uncooked spaghetti
16 oz cooked extra lean ground beef
1 cup(s) onion(s), chopped
1 medium green pepper(s), chopped
15 oz canned diced tomatoes
8 oz canned tomato sauce
1 tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions

Cook spaghetti and drain. Set aside. Cook ground beef, onion and green pepper until brown. Drain.
Stir in tomatoes, sauce, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne.
Add spaghetti and transfer to a 13x9 baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 mins . Uncover;
sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 mins longer.
Yield: 8 generous servings

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
I to am going to work my way through these recipes, they all sound so good and good for you!

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
KLO -- I'm definitely looking forward to trying that one!

So far, I've made --

Free Soup
Taco Soup
Tomato Tortellini Soup
(What can I say? It's Winter...I like soup!)
Chicken Teriyaki w/Broccoli
and
Slow Cooker Chicken Santa Fe

All get two thumbs up! I loved them, and (more importantly) so did the Mister.

Hubby hates seafood, but I'm looking forward to trying some of the fish recipes the next time I've got family visiting. I'm working my way through the others...there's LOTS I still plan to try. Thanks Steve (and EVERYONE) for the great ideas!

Teri

Teri (the RV.netter)

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, I made the Bubble Up Pizza for supper this evening and it's a winner! Going in my permanent file. I just need to half it, we could eat the whole thing and there is just two of us!