cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Watcher Recipes

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice - fresh squeezed
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

WW Points: 3 servings at 5-P each OR 2 servings at 7-p EACH

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.
291 REPLIES 291

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
We had the Dijon-Crusted fish for dinner tonight and it was really good! I used orange roughy. A keeper for us!
The Dunks - Terry and Steve
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
I used this recipe with some frozen Tilapia fillets I had. I think it might have benefited from an extra dollop of the horseradish.

Dijon-Crusted Fish

3 Tbls. reduced fat mayo
2 Tbls. grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 Tbl lemon juice
2 tsps. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. horseradish
4 tilapia fillets (5 oz. each)
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tsps. butter, melted

Combine mayo, 1 Tbl. cheese, lemon juice, mustard, and horseradish. Place fillets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread mayo mixture evenly over fillets.

Combine bread crumbs, butter, and remaining cheese; sprinkle over fillets

Bake at 425 for 13-18 minutes until fish flakes easily.

4 servings

214 calories (4 pts)
8 gr. fat (3 saturated)

I am going to try this one tonight.
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
How about the "other white meat?"

Braised Pork Chops

Low calorie, sugar and salt free (although I sprinkled salt on ours)

1/2 tsp marjoram
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper
4 bone-in pork loin chops (6oz. each 3/4 inch thick)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup water
2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup chicken broth

Combine seasonings and sprinkle over chops. (C'mon folks, really I just sprinkled them on my chops as I opened the bottles...eye balled not measured!) Brown chops in a non-stick. Add water, bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes until tender. Remove meat and keep warm. Bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened (about 2 minutes) Serve over pork chops...or serve over mashed potatoes like I did. I paired this with some roasted fresh asparagus. Good meal.

1 chop 180 calories (4 pts)
9 gr. fat (3 saturated)
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

DannyLeininger
Explorer
Explorer
Poor Man's Turtles

1 bag tiny twist pretzels (Snyder's or Hanover's Fat Free pretzels)
1 bag Rolos
pecan halves

Line a cookie sheet with foil. Place pretzels on sheet; unwrap Rolos and place a Rolo on top of each pretzel. Bake 325 for 4 minutes. Take out of oven and push a pecan half over the Rolo. Let cool. (One bag of Rolos makes 60 turtles...1 turtle/1pt.
Danny Leininger
2013 Newmar Essex 4547
500 HP Cummins ISX on a Spartan K2 Chassis
2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4, nice
Good Sams, FMCA, Newmar Kountry Klub, AARP....

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
Leo Benson wrote:

Steve,
My son made this last night. He's a college student on Alternative Spring Break doing community service in an impoverished area. The kids had to each take a turn cooking dinner for the group of students. He made this (although probably not the diet version) and it was a big hit. He paired it with Caesar salad and Italian bread. Easy to make and delicious. (LOL the next night he snuck out and bought a burger- the next kid's offering was green bean casserole - just that, no meat- and it's the one thing that literally makes my son gag!!)
Cindy

Glad it worked for him. I am still contemplating that green bean casserole! Does that mean we can steam some broccoli and call it supper!!!! Life just got easier ๐Ÿ™‚

uh, well, some evenings that would appeal to me perfectly! Steamed with some lemon, maybe a few shavings of good parmesan or similar.
Even that green bean casserole could become a meal if it had chunks of leftover roasted chicken diced up in it.
When son was little he told me green bean casserole "makes my head shake", as in made him shudder, he hated it so much. So, you know, now when any of us really don't like a food we say "it makes my head shake"!

jenc
Explorer
Explorer
I've added some of these recipes to my list for home, thanks everyone!

Question: Anyone have tips for lunches/dinners when you're camping? I try to keep it simple while we're there, but oftentimes that means not the healthiest of choices.
The TT's for spending time with my sister & our kids (husbands too, when we need work done!) at Otter Lake (MI)
'08 Coachmen Spirit of America 32BHS

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I used this recipe with some frozen Tilapia fillets I had. I think it might have benefited from an extra dollop of the horseradish.

Dijon-Crusted Fish

3 Tbls. reduced fat mayo
2 Tbls. grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 Tbl lemon juice
2 tsps. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. horseradish
4 tilapia fillets (5 oz. each)
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tsps. butter, melted

Combine mayo, 1 Tbl. cheese, lemon juice, mustard, and horseradish. Place fillets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread mayo mixture evenly over fillets.

Combine bread crumbs, butter, and remaining cheese; sprinkle over fillets

Bake at 425 for 13-18 minutes until fish flakes easily.

4 servings

214 calories (4 pts)
8 gr. fat (3 saturated)

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Leo Benson wrote:

Steve,
My son made this last night. He's a college student on Alternative Spring Break doing community service in an impoverished area. The kids had to each take a turn cooking dinner for the group of students. He made this (although probably not the diet version) and it was a big hit. He paired it with Caesar salad and Italian bread. Easy to make and delicious. (LOL the next night he snuck out and bought a burger- the next kid's offering was green bean casserole - just that, no meat- and it's the one thing that literally makes my son gag!!)
Cindy

Glad it worked for him. I am still contemplating that green bean casserole! Does that mean we can steam some broccoli and call it supper!!!! Life just got easier ๐Ÿ™‚

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
Craving Pizza? This will fill the bill.

Bubble Up Pizza Casserole

6 Servings @ 7.5 Points
8 Servings @ 5.5 Points

1 lb lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
16 oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp dried basil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Veggie Toppings (mushrooms, peppers, olives, any of your favorites โ€“ BE CREATIVE)
17 slices Turkey Pepperoni (optional)
15 oz. refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, uncooked, quartered
1.25 c FF or soy mozzarella, shredded

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In skillet, brown meat over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in onion, tomato sauce, basil, garlic and Italian seasoning.

2. Add veggies (mushrooms, peppers, black olives, etcโ€ฆwhatever you like) and pepperoni. Add quartered biscuits; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Steve,
Cindy

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Seafood is always good on a diet and good for you. Scallops are one of our favorites. This recipe is so low you can double it and still be within range.

Citrus Scallops

1/2 lb bay or sea scallops, cut into 1" pieces
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp whipped butter, melted
1/8 tsp paprika

Preheat broiler.
In 1 quart flameproof shallow casserole combine all ingredients.
Broil until scallops are golden brown, about 3 minutes.

Serves 2. SERVING SIZE: 1/2 of recipe PER SERVING: 130 Calories, 19 g Protein, 4 g Fat, 4 g Carbohydrate, 212 mg Sodium, 45 mg Cholesterol, Trace Dietary Fiber

WW Points: 3 pt.

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Steve, thanks for keeping this going. While I'm not doing much cooking now I'm keeping track of this thread and copying all the recipes to a file for when I can cook again.

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
Today I made the Slow Cooker Chicken Santa Fe.

It was delicious and so easy. I had all the ingredients on hand. I was only cooking 2 breasts so I cut the ingredients down about 1/2 and used a 1 1/2 quart slow cooker, same cooking time. Loved it!

Thanks again Steve.
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
I love this thread Steve! Thank you!
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
"Fried" Fish anyone?

Breaded Flounder Fillets

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
2 egg whites
1/4 cup FF milk
4 flounder fillets (6 oz. each)
1 Tbl. Parmesan cheese

Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Beat egg whites with milk in another bowl. Coat fish with corn meal mixture, dip into egg mixture, then coat again with corn meal mixture.

Spray a baking pan and arrange fillets in a single layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes until fish flakes easily.

1 fillet 236 calories (4 to 5 pts.)
3 gr. fat (1 saturated)
1 gr. fiber

I serve this with cole slaw and some seasonal vegetable.

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Please keep this one going! I can't post much or even try any of these recipes right now, a lot going on in my life, but when things get back to somewhat normal it will be nice to have this to refer to.