cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Watcher Recipes

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice - fresh squeezed
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

WW Points: 3 servings at 5-P each OR 2 servings at 7-p EACH

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.
291 REPLIES 291

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I served this over Smart Blend Elbow Macaroni but now I think it might have been better over egg noodles. We paired this with a small side salad and a serving of green beans. Don't let the huge amount of garlic put you off. Once it is cooked and then mashed as per instructions it has an amazing flavor and isn't "knock your socks off" like you might think.

Pan-Seared Chicken with Garlic Sauce

INSTRUCTIONS

1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
1 tsp olive oil
12 medium garlic clove(s), halved
1 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth, reduced-sodium, divided

Preheat oven to 450ยฐ.

Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with herb mixture.

Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side. Add garlic and 3/4 cup broth. Place pan in oven. Bake at 450ยฐ for 10 minutes or until chicken is done and garlic cloves are soft.

Remove pan from oven. Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth to pan.

Mash garlic with a fork. Cook garlic mixture over medium heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated; stir. Serve garlic sauce over chicken. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and 2 tablespoons garlic sauce).
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Okay folks. I don't think I have posted this recipe before and it is a winner for sure! We ate 2 each with Brussels sprouts, an ear of corn, and a small salad. The other two are waiting to make us a wonderful crab cake sandwich for lunch.

Maryland Crab Cakes

3 PointsPlus per cake
2 cakes =5
3 cakes = 8

Yields: 6 Maryland Crab Cakes

Ingredients:

1 pound backfin Blue crab meat or other lump crab meat
8 saltine crackers (I used a half cup of Panko)
1 egg beaten (1/4 cup egg white)
2 tbsp mayonnaise (Lite)
1 tsp mustard (Dijon)
1/4 tsp Worcestershire
1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
salt to taste
2 tbsp vegetable oil (EVOO)

Preparation:

Carefully check the crab meat for any cartilage. Put meat in a bowl and set it aside.

Crush the saltine crackers very fine and mix with all the other ingredients. Gently fold in the crab. Only mix enough to combine ingredients. You don't want to break up the crab into fine shreds. Shape into 6 crab cakes, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan. Sautรฉ until golden brown on each side. This will only take about 3-5 minutes per side.

Garnish with tartar sauce, remoulade, or simply with a squeeze of lemon.

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
I have printed lots of the recipes from here and am trying some of them this weekend (to make and freeze in portions).

A friend had already given me the Taco Soup recipe (I LOVE it)but there are so many here that sound so good.

She gave me two dessert recipes that I don't think I saw here, so thought I would pass them along. I haven't tried them, but am going to.

SUNSHINE SALAD: 1 pkg fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding, 15 oz can mandarin orances, 20 oz can pineapple chunks.
Do not drain fruit, but add to dry pudding and mix well.
Chill about an hour. (only a point or 2)

DIET SODA CUPCAKES: 1 box cake mix (any flavor), 10 oz diet soda (any flavor), 2 egg whites, baking spray
Preheat oven according to box directions. Spray muffin pan.
Beat together mix, soda, egg whites and pour into muffin pan.
Bake as directed on box for cupcakes.
Can top with Cool Whip

She used chocolate cake mix and diet Dr Pepper or Root Beer, but you can use any combination (maybe lemon mix and sprite or strawberry mix and strawberry drink)
1 cupcake is 2 points.

I hope to see even more recipes here...thanks.

Jckulm
Explorer
Explorer
Points Plus. And no, I usually eat two, but still only 4pts. You will be surprised how big one is because the angel food cake really fluffs up. ๐Ÿ™‚

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
But can you eat just one!!!! These sound good. Thanks for the share. Is that 2 pts. old system or 2 PointsPlus?

Jckulm
Explorer
Explorer
This is my first post, hope I get it right! I love this thread and want to share one of my favorite WW desserts.

Cherry Squares - 2 pts. each
1 can light cherry pie filling (can use other fruit filling)
1 angel food cake mix

Combine cake mix with cherry pie filling (do not add any other ingredients). Pour batter into an ungreased 9- X 13-inch baking dish; bake in a 350* preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into 24 pieces.

Yummy!

tahlmeyer55
Explorer
Explorer
I did my measuring after everything was mixed together. I have the WW spoons that measure out correct portion sizes. If you are looking for recipe's for pasta, try the "Hungry Girl" website, they have lot's of recipe's using different things for pasta. Good Luck!

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
This sounds good. I am always interested in pasta dishes because that is one thing I miss the most. How do you measure out your 1 1/2 cup serving?

tahlmeyer55
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,

I have been doing Weight Watchers for about 4 months and am always looking for good recipes. I go to a few websites for good recipes and one of my favorites is "Skinnytaste" anyway, I made this recipe tonight in the motorhome. It's alot easier than it looks, and my husband and I both loved it.

CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
8 Weight Watchers points per 1 ยฝ cup serving
5 servings, calories 323.8, fat 6.2g, protein 25.9, carb 44.1g fiber 6.3g sugar 3.2g, sodium 126.5 mg (without salt)

8 oz uncooked linguine ( I used Dreamfields spaghetti,)
1 lb chicken breast cut into strips
1-2 tsp cajun seasoning (or to taste)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 med red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 med yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
ยฝ red onion ( I used white, itโ€™s what I had on hand)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 med tomatoes, diced ( I used a can of petite diced tomatoes)
1 cup fat free, low sodium chicken broth (I used about a ยฝ cup)
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tbsp flour
3 tbsp light cream cheese
fresh cracked pepper, to taste
salt to taste
Smart Balance cooking spray (I used my Weight Watchers sprayer with olive oil)

Directions:

Prep all your vegetables. In a small blender make a slurry by combining milk, flour, and cream cheese. Set aside. Season chicken generously with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Prepare pasta in salted water according to package directions. Heat a large heavy non stick skillet over medium high heat ( actually my only large skillet in the motorhome is not non stick, but still worked out well), and spray with cooking spray and add chicken. Sautรฉ 5 or 6 minutes until done. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Add olive oil to the skillet and reduce to medium add bell peppers, onions and garlic to skillet, sautรฉ for 3 or 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and sautรฉ 3 or 4 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt, garlic powder and cracked pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium low add chicken broth and pour in slurry stirring about 2 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, adjust salt and cajun seasonings to taste, cook another minute or two until hot then add spaghetti/linguine. Toss well to coat. Enjoy

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I put the cut down version in parenthesis. The stuff that is free I used without cutting down. This really makes quite an elegant dish that is very popular in upscale places. Paired with a nice fruit salad or tossed salad and this is a full meal.

Shrimp and Grits - Cooking Light

Yield

6 servings (2 Servings) (serving size: 2/3 cup shrimp mixture, 2/3 cup grits, 2 tablespoons cheese, and
2 teaspoons green onions)

Ingredients

* 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1)
* 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
* 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp (8 oz)

* 2 bacon slices, chopped
* 1 cup frozen chopped onion
* 1/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
* 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
* 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
* 5 cups water (2 1/2 cups)
* 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits (1/2 cup)
* 1 tablespoon butter (omit)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1/2 cup 2%)

Preparation

Combine first 3 ingredients; set aside.

Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Add onion, bell pepper,
and garlic to drippings in pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in shrimp mixture, broth, and 1/4 cup green onions; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are
done, stirring frequently.

Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually add grits, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to low; simmer,covered, for 5 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
Stir in butter and salt. Serve shrimp mixture over grits; sprinkle with cheese and remaining
green onions.

Nutritional Information
8 Points Plus
Calories: 408 (28% from fat)
Fat: 12.5g (sat 5.6g,mono 4.1g,poly 1.3g)
Protein: 32.8g
Carbohydrate: 39.9g
Fiber: 2g
Cholesterol: 246mg
Iron: 5.1mg
Sodium: 890mg
Calcium: 154mg

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Mi Tierra is good, you might also try La Margarita in the Market, a bit touristy, but fun, they have great Mexican Shrimp Cocktails. Back to the recipes. I have a recipe that I cut out of our paper last year, while it isn't a WW recipe per se, it isn't terribly high in fat. To me it is more of a winter recipe, but quite tasty and makes alot, it also freezes well. If you or anyone else has time, could you calculate the points for it. It does have quite a few ingredients, but isn't difficult at all. I did sub fresh herbs, except for the bay leaves, for the dried ones,just because I had them. I also finished with a tsp. more of each of the fresh herbs to finish the dish.

Turkey Thighs Braised in Burgundy

2 turkey thighs (about 3 to 3 1/4 lbs), skin removed
2 Tblsps. flour
3 Tblsps. vegetable oil ( I used Olive Oil)
4 cups onion, coarsely chopped
2 cups celery, coarsely chopped
2 cups carrot, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried sage
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 large bay leaves
1 cup dried apricots, coarsley chopped ( I used mixed dried fruit the first time I made this and couldn't tell much difference when I used the apricots the next time)
3 cups red burgandy wine

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Coat thighs with flour. In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, brown thighs, about 4 min. per side in oil. Remove and set aside. Combine onion, celery, and carrots, add to same pan and cook 2-3 minutes over med. high heat. Stir in the remainder of the ingredients, except for the wine and any left over flour. Remove half the veg. mixture and set aside. Place thighs over remaining vegetable mixture and spoon remaining veg. mixture over thighs. Add wine and bring mixture to a boil; remove from heat. Cover Dutch oven tightly with foil and lid. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continure to bake 90 minutes. To serve, place turkey thighs on serving platter. Remove and discard bay leaves, spoon vegetable sauce over turkey. Serves six.

Great made a day ahead, refrigerated, and rewarmed. Serve over polenta, tagliatelle, noodles, smashed red potatoes, or even brown rice. Great with crusty bread and salad.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, there are too many to remember even! I guess our go-to place is Mi Tierras in the Market area. Years ago we used to go there when were in town for a convention. It was open 24 hours and had a great late night/early morning breakfast, but those days are long since over now and we enjoy it for a nice lunch!!

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, where do you like to eat Mexican food? We are always looking for new places to try, haven't tried any in the Schertz area as we live west of there. One of our favorites is El Jarro, Hwy. 281 and Bitters. Our very favorite, Karam's, closed a couple of years ago. The grandchildren of the original owners no longer wanted to be in the restaurant business, we still miss it! Rosario's downtown is good and so is Cha Cha's on Bandera Hwy. There are definitely alot of good ones here!

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Roadrunner. BTW we love San Antonio and are there frequently. We usually stay in Schertz at a Passport America park. We love the Mexican food and Shilo's downtown.

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Thx for all the great recipes, Steve. I tried your Chicken with the Piquant Raspberry Sauce. We really enjoyed it, plan to try the Asian shrimp recipe soon! Love this thread! There are so many folks who have passed on great recipes, thx bunches!