cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Watcher Recipes

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice - fresh squeezed
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

WW Points: 3 servings at 5-P each OR 2 servings at 7-p EACH

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.
291 REPLIES 291

dkingdoe
Explorer
Explorer
SAVING....:B

--dk
Stan & Doris ๐Ÿ™‚ (Retired 2012)
'13 Coachmen Pathfinder 404RB
'17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited/Toad

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
We've made the Chipotle Avocado Pork Wraps several times now, and the other day we substituted some sliced left over flank steak in place of the pork. That might change the points a little but we otherwise did not alter the recipe. YUMMY!

Teri (the RV.netter)

Eric (the significant other)

[purple]Angus (the fur-faced kidlet)[/purple]
The B (2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor RL-4)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

R_ol_Buddy
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one more to try.

Tiramisu

4 POINTS
Servings | 8
The secret to low-calorie tiramisu? Three incredible layers of moist, sweet cake (fat-free angel food), rich, creamy cheese (fat-free and light) and decadent chocolate (cocoa and shaved semi-sweet).

Ingredients
10 oz angel food cake, about 10-inches round
8 oz fat-free cream cheese
4 oz light cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 oz semisweet chocolate, finely grated
4 fl oz brewed espresso, (1/2 cup) or strong coffee

Instructions
Using a serrated knife, cut angel food cake into 12 equal slices; set aside.
In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine both cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla. Mix until blended and smooth. Combine cocoa and grated chocolate in a separate bowl; set aside. Pour espresso into a shallow dish.
Dip 4 cake slices into espresso mixture and turn to coat. Place slices crosswise in bottom of an 8-inch loaf pan and press cake down to coat bottom (break up cake if necessary to coat surface).
Gently spread 1/3 cream cheese mixture over cake layer. Sprinkle with 1/3 cocoa mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining cake slices, cream cheese mixture and cocoa mixture to make 3 layers.

Refrigerate 2 hours. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
Randy & Emily
03 38U Fleetwood Discovery
96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Daquari Whacker, Firedancer & Womp"Em" Stick ready!
15 Rallys & can't wait till the next one!!! :B

coribdx
Explorer
Explorer
Bump...

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
This looks great. Thanks for the offering.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

coribdx
Explorer
Explorer
Linguine with Creamy Chicken and Walnuts 1-1/3 cup pasta = 7 points

1 9oz package fresh refrigerated linguine
1 tbs water
2 tsp flour
2 tsp olive oil
1 8oz package presliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves minced
1 cup fat free milk
1 cup fat free chicken stock
3/4 cup block style reduce fat cream cheese softened
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups cooked diced chicken
1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
2 tsp butter
3 tbs. coarsly chopped walnuts toasted

1. Cook pasta. Drain and keep warm
2. Mix water with flour into a thick paste until smooth
3. Heat oil in large nonstick pan. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute until mushrooms are tender. Add milk and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil and stir until cream cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Stir in flour mixture and cook 1 minute stirring constantly. Add Chicken, and nutmeg, cook for 4 more minutes. Add butter and pasta. Toss well, and sprinkle with walnuts.

CAL: 322, FAT: 12.2, PRO: 28.8, CARB: 24.5, FIB: 1.5, SOD: 332

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I will be trying the Paella soon. It sounds wonderful. DW has sworn off what she calls "recreational" sugar so the cake will have to wait but I have had it before and it is really good. Thanks for the recipes.

moonchild
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I forgot all about that pineapple Angel food cake. It's been a few years since I've made that and it is good. We're going camping this weekend so I think I'll make one to bring with us.

R_ol_Buddy
Explorer
Explorer
Here is one of my favorite WW recipe's. It's easy and really good.

PINEAPPLE ANGEL FOOD CAKE

1 angel food cake mix
1 large can crushed pineapple in it's own juice
one carton no-fat cool whip

Mix angel food cake with one can of pineapple (add nothing else) Mix with spoon or spatula. Spray a 9x13" pan with non stick spray. Bake @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the cake is done. Let it cool and frost with cool whip. Cut it into 20 pieces and it's 2 points per serving. Bigger pieces more points! (It's also good with strawberries on top)
Randy & Emily
03 38U Fleetwood Discovery
96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Daquari Whacker, Firedancer & Womp"Em" Stick ready!
15 Rallys & can't wait till the next one!!! :B

coribdx
Explorer
Explorer
Made this this week... good stuff! 1 cup 6 points

Although I added about 1 dozen littleneck clams as well.. don't think they messed with the point count that much

Crockpot: Paella
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 large onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 cloves garlic
1 (14.5 oz can) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 c chicken broth or stock
1.5 c brown rice
2 TBS Italian seasoning
1 tsp turmeric
Pinch saffron threads
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c frozen peas
Sliced scallions, for garnish (optional)

Place all ingredients except shrimp and peas in crock pot. Stir well. Cover and cook on low 5 hours. Add shrimp and peas and cook an additional 20 minutes. Serve; top with scallions, if desired.

CAMPIE
Explorer
Explorer
I came across this thread while looking for healthier foods for hubby and I. Just wanted to say instead of printing it off, this is what I did. First, I saved the thread to My Favorites for later reference. Then I copied and pasted the recipes I want to try first into an e-mail to myself and I'll print that off. Thanks to all for these great recipes!
Barry and Connie
2005 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing to add right now. Just bumping this back so people can see it.

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again Steve.
The Dunks - Terry and Steve
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Here's another chicken thing that makes the skinless, boneless, tasteless, breast a bit more palatable.

Peppered Chicken Breasts

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves (4 oz. each)
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt

Mustard Sauce

2 tsp cornstarch
1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white grape juice (okay, I used white wine!)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 tsp Dijon mustard

snipped chives

Rub chicken with oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Place in a greased 11 x 7 baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 425 for 15-20 minutes until juices run clear.

Combine cornstarch and sour cream until smooth

In a small saucepan combine broth, grape juice, and onions. Bring to a boil; cook 4-5 minutes until reduced to 1 cup liquid. Gradually whisk in sour cream mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Stir in mustard until blended. Serve over chicken, sprinkle with chives.

1 breast and 1/4 sauce 194 calories (4 pts)
7 gr. fat 2 saturated

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Those "Poor Man's Turtles" are awesome! A friend made those for a party and we just gobbled them up. I have to buy a small roll of the Rolos so I won't make to many of them.