Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
Long time lurker first time poster here

I found out about this a few months ago as I had AT&T phones on the unlimited plan at the time and added it. It works great, the thing is now they offer a stand alone plan for $20 also so anyone can get it. You can get all the details on this cellular forum. Just thought I would pass along.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!

(update.... most details are now in this thread so just keep reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Device is called a ZTE Mobley and its designed for cars, but can be used anywhere with an adapter, also AT&T seems to never slow your data no matter how much you use.

Adapters can be purchased:
Amazon, some are even prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZYF8V?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07144ZVRP?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Ebay sells them also though some of the newer sellers look sketchy

These are the 2 original sellers and a known to be good.

EBAY liNK

EBAY Link 2

AT&T connected car # 1-866-595-1250

Now $20 unlimited plan is available online

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

UPDATE: 5/27/17
ZTE mobley appears to finally be back in stock on AT&T website.
846 REPLIES 846

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
Sorry folks but the AT&T Mobley website says "OUT OF STOCK". I think this deal is done....

When I first became aware of the deal I'm pretty sure it was noted that it would run until July 17 but, of course, I imagine they have the right to change the terms of the deal when they find it convenient to do so.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
No, Mobly and Lo-Jack are quite a bit different, I know them both. I will describe the difference

Mobly: If your car goes off without you YOU "Buzz the fuzz" and you give them real time tracking info from your call app or home computer... Or in theory they can log on with their computer.. But I'm not sure that is offered. Odds of gettin car back VERY VERY high.

You are also notified that the car "May have been disturbed" and "Trip Started". so you know WHEN it went offm, also where it stopps so a prosecution for theft as opposed to simple possession is possible,

Lo-Jack... You discover your car missingm you buzz the fuzz and when the dispatcher enters your ride into the conmputers Lo-Jack gets a notice they f8ind your VIN in their records they transnit an "Activate" signal

IF your car happens to pass NEAR a tracker equipped police or Lo-Jack vehicle anbother comnputer transictions kicks it up into FAST TRANSMIT mode.. and hopefully the officers can track it

But if they move your car to a town with no lo-jack trackers before you notice it gone It's gone
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
They are often only available for a couple of hours in the morning. Then they are out of stock. Then they come back a few days later.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry folks but the AT&T Mobley website says "OUT OF STOCK". I think this deal is done....

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
blackcows wrote:
Thank you. I will take the contract.

You could also purchase it outright - as many (of us) have done.

*NO* contract required - but *continuous* service would be (is).:)

~

MrWizard
Technology would be the same idea as Lo-Jack
The actual process would not be as fast

But just like lojack
It does not stop the thief, only help find the vehicle

Better write down the phone number place, like the contacts list on your cell phone
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
THEFT PREVENTION... by Mobley.

Something I just thought about... since a Mobley has it's own phone number, if your car, truck or motorhome has a Mobley in it (that's plugged in) then the police could have ATT locate the vehicle by the phone number in the Mobley.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Jbird
Explorer
Explorer
jcpainter wrote:
Jbird wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
So click on the area where it says 0 was used and you should be able to see what was actually used.

Nope! Everything I try shows no data used,but does tell me how many days into cycle. It's a very minor matter though,because I'll rarely use 22g. I've yet to do better than -100db for a signal,but streaming fine. I'm a happy camper.

Go to your online account and find the Mobley line. It very well may show '0' data usage.

Look for the "My Wireless" box for the Mobley
Click on the + sign in the bottom right of the box and new boxes will display
In the "My Usage" box, click "See all my usage"
Scroll down to the "Usage Options" and select "Data text and talk logs"
Scroll to the bottom of the page. On the lower right hand corner will be "This billing period"
Divide the MBs by 1024 to get the GBs you've used on that device.

There may be a simpler way, but this is how I found mine.

Thanks JC. Will try it---IVe done the first 3 steps with no success,but will try the rest.
36' Mobile Suites,Chev 3500 Duramax

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
The Mobley works whenever it has power and AT&T signal, no configuration required. It provides Wi-Fi for up to 5 devices. If you need more than 5 connected devices you might need to explore your router option.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

blackcows
Explorer
Explorer
I use this to make a wireless network in my trailer.....

https://www.hootoo.com/hootoo-tripmate-nano-ht-tm02-wireless-portable-router.html

I hook it up to public wifi, a hot spot I currently have, or paid wifi at the places we go. Any reason this wouldn't work with mobly? Like all of you I power my rv on and off when moving does the mobly have a switch or if I purchase the adapter will it just start when it gets power?

I'm pretty excited to find this post. I'm thinking with my hootoo and the mobly I can create a wireless wifi network on my trailer that will be seamless. Right now you have to log the travel router onto whatever network is available. With this I'm hoping I can have a system that just works when the trailer is powered.

blackcows
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I will take the contract.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
blackcows wrote:
Maybe it's somewhere in here and I'm missing it. If I'm only planning on using this 5 months of the year any reason I shouldn't do the no contract plan?

If you stop service after 5 months, don't expect to get the same $20 deal when you go to restart service. AT&T says this a limited time deal that's due expire July 17th as I recall, and you won't be grandfathered in.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

blackcows
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it's somewhere in here and I'm missing it. If I'm only planning on using this 5 months of the year any reason I shouldn't do the no contract plan?

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Jimmie2 wrote:
So I log into the house from my phone while driving down the road doing 70 mph......... Amazing!!!

Is she driving - or you??..:R

U-Haul drivers are dangerous enough - without any other "tasks"!..:S

Jimmie2
Explorer
Explorer
This is how well the AT&T Mobley is working for me. I'm helping my daughter move from NYC to Columbus, Ohio. I hook the hotspot up in the UHaul truck so my daughter can be on line while driving down the highway. My wife calls from Florida and says the NEST cams aren't working and she doesn't know how to reset them. I tell her hang on and let me check. So I log into the house from my phone while driving down the road doing 70 mph and sure enough, both NEST cams are up and running!!! Amazing!!!