cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

back up camera adapter?

jplum99
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to replace/upgrade my back up camera on 1996 fleetwood bounder, to hook in to rvnd7725 gps. I know about the rca adapter for the monitor, but was wanting to also change the actual camera. The one I got has four prongs (voyager brand) and the existing wire is only two wire (panasonic). Is there an adapter that would connect the two? Didn't want to have to run wire from back, all the way up front. The four wires are ground, audio,video 12v. Hoping maybe someone has had this same dilemma. Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

jplum99
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the 2 wire is 12v and video. The current camera is grounded through the chassis frame. It bolts through the rear closet to the mounting bracket. I was hoping for a much simpler installation. I may try to hook up existing camera and see what happens. Thanks for the input

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
What was the 2 wire carrying? Video and 12 volt + ??

If the 4 wire plug is on the camera, maybe you could do without audio, run a separate wire from the 4 connector plug ground to chassis ground for the ground connection, and let the 2 wires carry video and 12 volt positive.

Of course, I've never tried this but I think it will work.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I custom make adapters when I want to add or change a camera... All you need is the plug that matches your new product.. and if you are replacing a failed camera you can salvage the socket from the old one.. or a bit of cut and splice and solder works too.

However if the plug is just 2 wire.. I'm wondering how they are doing it.

1: Wire for Power
1: For Video
and how do you GROUND the beast?
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Moved from Forum Technical Support