cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bank App?

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a stupid question! I was wondering on an iPad or tablet do you prefer to use the bank app. or website for bill paying or does it really matter. :h
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
13 REPLIES 13

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I use BOA and their app is very good if I need to deposit a check or check my balances but I use the website for my bill paying and savings/checking transfers. Not sure why, just seems easier to use the bigger letters/numbers.

Their app is fine if you have either an iPhone or Android phone / tablet / etc.

We happen to be among the users of Windows 2-in-1 tablets -- and BoA dropped app support for Windows users last March, presumably because of few Windows Phone owners.

Guess they didn't realize that many tablet users run Windows 8.x or 10!

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hiker_01 wrote:
Happytraveler wrote:
Maybe a stupid question! I was wondering on an iPad or tablet do you prefer to use the bank app. or website for bill paying or does it really matter. :h

I would say if the bank has an app to use that, mainly because the web pages are usually designed for larger screens and it can be a pain to try to use them on a smaller screen. Also, they may imbed some popups on the website that your tablet may not be able to support. An app designed for the tablet's OS will eliminate those problems.

This. At least for my bank, CapitalOne360.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Fizz wrote:
Go for the app.
It's usually simpler and uncluttered.

Which one (ones) are you using?

I'm in Canada so no help to you.

PapaNIes60
Explorer
Explorer
I bank with USAA and their app is simply amazingly easy and convenient.

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Fizz wrote:
Go for the app.

Chase

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bank with Wells Fargo and find their iPad and iPhone apps quite good. The only time I need to use their full website is when I need information about some trusts I have with them. But getting balances, paying bills, depositing the few paper checks I still receive, transferring money between accounts, etc is all quite easy to do.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fizz wrote:
Go for the app.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Go for the app.

Hiker_01
Explorer
Explorer
Happytraveler wrote:

I would say if the bank has an app to use that, mainly because the web pages are usually designed for larger screens and it can be a pain to try to use them on a smaller screen. Also, they may imbed some popups on the website that your tablet may not be able to support. An app designed for the tablet's OS will eliminate those problems.

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Your parents are computer savvy? Good for them.

Right, LOL. My 88 year old Dad didn't want to pay Schwab the high transaction fees, so he bought himself an iPad and decided to do it himself.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your parents are computer savvy? Good for them.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I use BOA and their app is very good if I need to deposit a check or check my balances but I use the website for my bill paying and savings/checking transfers. Not sure why, just seems easier to use the bigger letters/numbers.

Thanks, I'm trying to make bill paying the easiest way for my parents.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?