Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CANADIAN LUNCH BAG LETDOWN

GPG52_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello Marcus
I read with interest a couple of postings in your Camping World Accessories forum one from Bob Walter Aug 19, 2016 Anniversary Sale and a second from Bob Vaughn Aug 24, 2016 Adventurer 6 speed folding bike. Both expressed concerns about not being able to acquire certain items from various Camping World outlets.
Although my experience differs from those listed above as a Canadian resident I can sympathize with their feeling of disappointment.
Over the years I had always been excited in receiving Good Sam/Camping World e-mails advertising Internet/Online specials. Some of these products were unique and often very competitively priced. Even when you factored in both currency exchange rates, custom taxes and shipping/handling fees the products would often be desirable purchases.
Problem is most products on sale are not available in Canada. In a recent telephone conversation with a Camping World customer service representative I was told that only about one third (1/3) of Camping World products are available for shipping in Canada. So with no Camping World stores in Canada and limited on line products available for shipping you can see that the 90+ Canadian Good Sam Chapter members would be very disappointed with the service.
A recent study reported that Canadians spent $2.9 billion at RV dealers in 2011. Food for thought.
Guy Giroux
2010 Member
Standby Sam

PS: please PM me should you require any further information.
GPG ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Ford F250, 6.2L, 4.30 Ratio, 6 speed
2014 Cougar (by Keystone) 327 RES
3 REPLIES 3

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello sillyme,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding Camping World locations being opened in Canada.
I am not aware of any planned openings in 2016, but continue to check the listed link: www.campingworld.com/stores/ for future openings in 2017.

Have a good day.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

sillyme
Explorer
Explorer
GPG52! wrote:
Hello Marcus
I read with interest a couple of postings in your Camping World Accessories forum one from Bob Walter Aug 19, 2016 Anniversary Sale and a second from Bob Vaughn Aug 24, 2016 Adventurer 6 speed folding bike. Both expressed concerns about not being able to acquire certain items from various Camping World outlets.
Although my experience differs from those listed above as a Canadian resident I can sympathize with their feeling of disappointment.
Over the years I had always been excited in receiving Good Sam/Camping World e-mails advertising Internet/Online specials. Some of these products were unique and often very competitively priced. Even when you factored in both currency exchange rates, custom taxes and shipping/handling fees the products would often be desirable purchases.
Problem is most products on sale are not available in Canada. In a recent telephone conversation with a Camping World customer service representative I was told that only about one third (1/3) of Camping World products are available for shipping in Canada. So with no Camping World stores in Canada and limited on line products available for shipping you can see that the 90+ Canadian Good Sam Chapter members would be very disappointed with the service.
A recent study reported that Canadians spent $2.9 billion at RV dealers in 2011. Food for thought.
Guy Giroux
2010 Member
Standby Sam

Dear Monsieur Giroux,

I was just about to post a message along the same lines as yours when I read your message. There have been so many instances whereas I would find items that I really wanted to order, but with the exchange rate and the shipping costs added would make it totally unaffordable. My question, and this is directed to Marcus at Good Sam, when will Camping World ever open a store in one of the major metropolitan cities in Canada in view of the demand and also the uniqueness of its store. Cities like Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver would certainly be the best ones to have such a store and would definitely be the busiest areas!
Me and Hubby
2010 Keystone Cougar Xlite 29FKS
2007 Tahoe LTZ 5.3L V8 4WD
Husky Center Line WDH, TruControl, VIP Power Jack, BAL Lock-Arm Stabilizing Bars

Nights spent camping in 2012: 54
Nights spent camping in 2011: 38
Nights spent camping in 2010: 31

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
GPG52! wrote:
Hello Marcus
Guy Giroux
2010 Member
Standby Sam

Might be a blessing in disguise
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980