cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

closed threads ??

I completely understand why MOST of the threads get closed but have to wonder about the others ??:h
I have been following 1 that got real ugly and got closed ( took longer than I thought) .. the guy started another one today asking for the follow up and poof ???? I was subscribed and active in it , and to what I saw , it was clean and full of manners ???
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
16 REPLIES 16

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
Vulcan Rider wrote:
peaches&cream wrote:

Why don't either of you do just that? Contact Moderator, find out the explanation, and then publish it for all of us to read.

Really ?? Do I really have to explain this ?????

"We" should not HAVE to do that.

If there is a legitimate issue that needs to be dealt with....and the reason is not painfully obvious to all......then the administrators should explain their actions, briefly and directly to the point.

NOT doing so is just rude and tends to aggravate problems and does NOTHING to prevent similar ones in the future.
It also kind of forces the administrator involved to actually THINK through what he is about to do.......hopefully.

As this thread progresses, I'm beginning to wonder if my thread about the Pilot gas discount is one that has been deleted.
(Edit: Nope it's still there)

You don't have to EXPLAIN anything to me. I could care less why they close a tread. It is their website and I just move on when it happens. I suggest, if you want it operated to your expectations, you start a FORUM that you can set the rules. I do not consider the operation, as is, rude and it does not aggravate me in the least. I feel privilaged to use this FORUM FREE of charge. Seems there are more and more posters that want to micro manage a FORUM that they are nothing more than GUESTS on.

Vulcan_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:

Why don't either of you do just that? Contact Moderator, find out the explanation, and then publish it for all of us to read.

Really ?? Do I really have to explain this ?????

"We" should not HAVE to do that.

If there is a legitimate issue that needs to be dealt with....and the reason is not painfully obvious to all......then the administrators should explain their actions, briefly and directly to the point.

NOT doing so is just rude and tends to aggravate problems and does NOTHING to prevent similar ones in the future.
It also kind of forces the administrator involved to actually THINK through what he is about to do.......hopefully.

As this thread progresses, I'm beginning to wonder if my thread about the Pilot gas discount is one that has been deleted.
(Edit: Nope it's still there)

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Vulcan Rider wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:
You can always contact the moderator and ask what happened.

I have, and more than once, they pointed out an angle or way of looking at it that I had not thought of.

There is no GOOD reason why that can't be done in public either.

As a matter of fact, the removed thread could be left with ONE post from the moderator with a short explanation of why and then closed.
THAT would be the open and up front way to do things.

Fantastic idea that any person of character would employ.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Vulcan Rider wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:

I have, and more than once, they pointed out an angle or way of looking at it that I had not thought of.

As a matter of fact, the removed thread could be left with ONE post from the moderator with a short explanation of why and then closed.

Fantastic idea that any person of character would employ.

Vulcan_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
maddczech wrote:
SwanInWA wrote:
Last week I was in a long line at the grocery store behind a man who had no groceries. I was curious, but not really paying attention. When he got to the front of the line however, he proceeded to berate and belittle the cashier, who had mistakenly applied his discount incorrectly. While a dozen people waited in line behind him, he proudly announced that he was a mathematician, screamed at the red-faced girl for not doing her job properly, called her names and demanded to see the manager to have the problem resolved. The manager intervened and corrected the problem, refunding the man the 54ยข she had inadvertently shorted him. FIFTY-FOUR CENTS.

While I have no doubt there is a problem on CWs end of things, I can't help but wonder how big this refund is and if it was actually worth SIX separate berating posts (and a brain hemorrhage) by the original poster.

Some people are just angry. Life it too short.

Well I doubt that they do it to get 6 pages of degrading replies from people who have nothing else to do at that particular time. Like me right now. Lol
You got your 2 cents worth and mine.
Op usually gets riled by assinine remarks of uninvolved posters who are typically clueless as to the issues involved. Once gsteam is involved , threads close quickly, nobody gets the finale. Seldom do we find out results. Often times I think people give up and wash their hands of cw and associates.
Whatever,...,.,., *.- /

:B When you come here you get your moneys worth :B

maddczech
Explorer
Explorer
SwanInWA wrote:
Last week I was in a long line at the grocery store behind a man who had no groceries. I was curious, but not really paying attention. When he got to the front of the line however, he proceeded to berate and belittle the cashier, who had mistakenly applied his discount incorrectly. While a dozen people waited in line behind him, he proudly announced that he was a mathematician, screamed at the red-faced girl for not doing her job properly, called her names and demanded to see the manager to have the problem resolved. The manager intervened and corrected the problem, refunding the man the 54ยข she had inadvertently shorted him. FIFTY-FOUR CENTS.

While I have no doubt there is a problem on CWs end of things, I can't help but wonder how big this refund is and if it was actually worth SIX separate berating posts (and a brain hemorrhage) by the original poster.

Well I doubt that they do it to get 6 pages of degrading replies from people who have nothing else to do at that particular time. Like me right now. Lol
You got your 2 cents worth and mine.
Op usually gets riled by assinine remarks of uninvolved posters who are typically clueless as to the issues involved. Once gsteam is involved , threads close quickly, nobody gets the finale. Seldom do we find out results. Often times I think people give up and wash their hands of cw and associates.
Whatever,...,.,., *.- /

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer

Teri (the RV.netter)

Eric (the significant other)

[purple]Angus (the fur-faced kidlet)[/purple]
The B (2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor RL-4)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer

Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
Really, it should have been deleted and the op removed (again) also. One of his final comments yesterday regarding enjoying watching certain members squirm goes beyond the pale. Sorry but there is a line and he went over it.

Good Sam Care Team wrote:
ford truck guy,

Thank you for your time and post. If you would like please send me a PM with your contact information. I would be happy to give you a call and go over your questions and concerns.

Thank you,

Mark
Marcus' Rapid Response Team

Thanks mark , no need... I was just wondering if I missed it go south as the one from yesterday is still on my forums... but this one is complexly gone ! MIA... poof !! I just did not want to miss any of the juicy stuff!:B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

He is like Arnold - - He'll be back ! ! !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

nomad_2971
Explorer
Explorer
OP is still here Old-Biscuit.

Bruce

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well there's a canned response if I ever saw one.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman