cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish tv

C20
Explorer
Explorer
I have a winegard T14 and switched from Direct TV to Dish. I changed the switches on the reciever but i still don't have a full signal. I have two new boxes and i only get about half the channels i'm supposed to. When I look at the number of satellites its receiving its less than one box on the grid display. The T14 locks on, but every once in a while i hear it run for a second like its trying to line up. I'm in an area that has a clear view with no trees etc.

Ideas?
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins
21 REPLIES 21

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, Bill your spot on. I finally got a hold of a person at Winegard that knew her stuff big time. Two years ago I had the T4 installed after the OEM one became obsolete. When the RV dealer put it in, they made the bedroom TV the primary instead of the LR tv. So trying to program the sat receiver from the LR didn't work. She said to try the bedroom to program it and it worked! So after two weeks of messing around, I finally have all my channels and working great!

Appreciate the help from everyone and the suggestions were right, just on the wrong TV!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What dip switch setting are you using? Where are you located? Are you sure you have the receiver (only 1 receiver, I assume) connected to the MAIN output from the dome? Remember that only 1 receiver can control the movement of the antenna between the 3 satellites and the 2nd receiver will be limited to watching programming coming from the same satellite selected by the master receiver. Both receiver must be connected, one at a time, to the antenna using the MAIN coax output and both must show the SW64 switch when the Check Switch is performed properly. After that, they can be connected to separate coax cables (no splitters allowed) coming directly from the dome. The 1 receiver connected to the coax coming from the MAIN output on the dome will be the master receiver and the only receiver that will get any programming any time. The 2nd receiver will get any programming coming from the same satellite.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Yes i changed the dip switches
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Yes i changed the dip switches
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
You say you changed the switches on the receiver. I hope you meant the dip switches on the T4 satellite. After changing the switches on the T4 satellite, you need to run a check switch on the dish receiver.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I went through all of the set up procedures, and I still have no signal. I've checked the connections and the switches are switched to the right positions. I've made it worse by doing the set up procedures and now have no signal at all, were as before i has some channels. I appreciate everyones help. I'll call Winegard on Monday and see if they can help me figure something out.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Bill,
are you refering to the Winegard manual or the Dish set up?
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless you go through the Check Switch routine described in the manual and get a successful SW64 switch you will not be able to get all of the channels. Follow the instructions exactly. If you are using more than 1 receiver you must be sure each receiver is connected, one at a time, to the Main output of the satellite and the Check Switch routine is run.
I also assume you are referring to the T4, not 14.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
C20 wrote:
Thank you, I have the 211Z i'll check out the app in the morning

this thread may help.

That thread is 4 years old and that issue has been corrected. I have found on several occasions I have had to do a check switch 3 or 4 times to get all satellites. Even then I've had to reset the receiver a few times. We have set up camp and on occasion it has taken over 2 hours to get it to work correctly.I replaced the dish last week with the Winegard Travell'r. I now get everything all the time. I can even do a manual setup on 61 if it does not see 110 119 129 and get everything I am subscribed to on the 61.
I had a King Dome on the rv and also have Pathway X2 portable.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Winegard RoadTrip T4 (not T14) antenna is not comparable with Hopper or Joey receivers. What's your receiver?

The RoadTrip T4 User Manual has the correct setup instructions and a good trouble shooting section. Are the receivers set for SW64?
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
C20 wrote:

this thread may help.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

C20
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
suggest you download the user guide for your *specific* receiver or call DISH Technical Support. i know nothing about your 211 (is it a 211, 211k, 211z??) but as far as i know your problem is either...

- obstructed view of one or more sats
- loose cables
- your receiver is not capable of receiving programming on more than one sat at a time

the DISH For My RV app will assist you in pointing your antenna properly. tech support can walk you thru checking your receiver.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

C20
Explorer
Explorer
How do i know what sats i'm seeing?
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat