cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JAVA Downlaod error 1603

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone ever see this error during download. It is on a Win-7 PC. We have not been able to define it!
5 REPLIES 5

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Java is now used in allot of the interactive games that DW plays. I did get rid of the error via running as the admin. The 1603 error is a common ap download error. There is a 1603 scan app. that I captured but did not need.

DiskDoctr wrote:
bwanshoom wrote:
Do you need Java in your browser? If not, I would uninstall it - it is the source of a lot of security issues and most users don't require it.

I disagree. Many, many sites use java features.

OP- you can uninstall java, then download a new installation.

I've come across very few websites that use JAVA. Most all require Javascript, which is not related to JAVA in any way, shape, or form?

I keep JAVA disabled in my browser and only activate it for one website I use on occasion to test network connections. Otherwise, have not come across other sites that require it.

bwanshoom
Explorer
Explorer
DiskDoctr wrote:
bwanshoom wrote:
Do you need Java in your browser? If not, I would uninstall it - it is the source of a lot of security issues and most users don't require it.

Some sites do, like educational and banking sites, but most do not. Which sites are you going to that require it?

Java in the browser is an old, dying technology and the sooner it's gone the better.
2010 Cougar 322 QBS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LMM CC/SB 4x4 LTZ
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
bwanshoom wrote:

bwanshoom
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Cougar 322 QBS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LMM CC/SB 4x4 LTZ
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K