cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jensen JWM990 Theater-Style Wallmount Stereo

wkswenson
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone add this into their rig or have a newer rig with this system installed? I was thinking about adding (replacing our existing radio) this to our rig, but at ~$500 it is an update that needs to be sure we want and know that it is a good system. Our current radio is a piece of turd and doesn't work well at all.

I have done some reading the trade rags and it seems to get some decent reviews.

Thanks

Specs

Sales Page
Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC LB
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"
5 REPLIES 5

Oakviewjeff
Explorer
Explorer
I installed this Jensen head unit in my 5th wheel trailer in 2015 and have no complaints.
I liked the three separate speaker zones, HDMI output, Bluetooth and 12vdc power.
I mounted it in a custom made drawer that also holds a Jensen monitor that also runs on 12 vdc.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Campfire Time wrote:
Gdetrailer wrote:

Buy a REAL brand name.. in car stereos names like Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Clarion, Sony come to mind..

You had me until you mentioned Sony...

Point was EVEN a Sony would be better than a Jensen.. :B

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:

Buy a REAL brand name.. in car stereos names like Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Clarion, Sony come to mind..

You had me until you mentioned Sony...
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
wkswenson wrote:
Anyone add this into their rig or have a newer rig with this system installed? I was thinking about adding (replacing our existing radio) this to our rig, but at ~$500 it is an update that needs to be sure we want and know that it is a good system. Our current radio is a piece of turd and doesn't work well at all.

I have done some reading the trade rags and it seems to get some decent reviews.

Thanks

Specs

Sales Page

Replace a junk with another junker :h

Jensen brand name anything is garbage (albeit EXPENSIVE garbage).

Buy a REAL brand name.. in car stereos names like Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Clarion, Sony come to mind.. You can get any of those brands in car stereos with DVD player built in..

YES, I realize car stereos do not offer SURROUND sound.. But really, you are in a RV not a home theater.. A lot of the "surround" noise will be placed too close to you since speaker placement for CORRECT timing is less than optimal in a RV.

However pretty much any car stereo of any of those brands WILL offer SUBWOOFER OUTPUTS which you simply add an amplifier and subwoofer.. The subwoofer is what most folks are looking for and is easy to hook up with a car stereo now days.

If you really must have surround sound then buy a NAME BRAND HOME Theater system which has built in DVD plus amps and runs from 120V AC. To use with no shore power you simply use an inverter...

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I would go with a head unit designed for a car. Much better quality and far less expensive. I put a Blaupunkt head unit in my old trailer and I loved it, but that was back before MP3s, etc. When my current Jensen dies it's getting replaced with a "real" head unit that has DVD and MP3 capability.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)