cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

King-Dome In Motion Satellite system

GypsyRN
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a newbie in sooooo many ways, so don't dis me right off the bat. My wife and I are new fulltimers and are presently in Lumberton NC on her first traveling nurse assignment. Our home is a 2013 42' Itasca Ellipse QDa nd so far it is quite comfortable. We have never exercised the satellite dome for extended TV viewing. The rig came with a King-Dome satellite system and the manual says it is preset for Dish Network HDTV programming broadcast from the 110. 119, and 129 satellites. My question is and I hope it doesn't sound too stupid: do I just call up DishTV and purchase a subscription or am I good-to-go with just turning on the system, popping a beer and kicking back? George & Evangelia, freezing our tushes off in beautiful winterland NC.
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you don't have a Dish satellite receiver in the coach as well as the dome controls then you can't just call anyone and turn on anything. You are also not limited to Dish. You can set the antenna to work with DirecTV as well. There are big differences between how a dome works with each service so you will want to decide what you actually want (HD or not, use a DVR or not, more than one receiver or not) and start there. Ask more questions here before you spend any money.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Moved from Forum Technical Support

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Or you might want to consider hiring a satellite guy to check out your system and recommend what you need.

Preset for HD doesn't mean it's still set for HD. Is your TV HD and the receiver HD if you have one?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might get 1 or 2 information channels but need a subscription for anything else and you have to have a receiver. Do you have one?

Ideally connect up with a friend with Dish and run a coax from your dish to his receiver to see if your dish works.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob