cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kingcontrol/Dish not working together

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I have been working on this problem for a month and I am at whits end. I have been on the phone talking to King Controls Technical staff/ Dish Technical staff many times each trying to get this problem resolved. Still not able to resolve it.

I have a Kingdome 9760 that has had the software upgraded ver 5.23j. I have clear sky around me. When turning on the Sat I can manually select 119 110 and get good signals. I have a VIP211K Dish receiver that I just bought after learning that the receiver I had from home 322 was not a good receiver to use with the Kingdome. I have cleared my receiver by running the check switch and clearing it. Then hooking up the cable. The problem I am having is that it is not switching from the 110 and 119 sats when checking switch. I have the King controls set on sat 110/119 and it still will not load both sats and it stays locked on one Sat...either the 110 or the 119 which ever one I had manually switched it to before. I followed Kingdomes procedure in there updated manual and trouble shooting for the 9760..still the dome locks on to only one sat and does not switch back and forth. I have changed out my cables between King controls tuner and the receiver. I manually switched between the 110 and the 119 and had them listed on the receiver with a SW21....but still it would not switch from one sat to the next.

Kingdome tech says that it is Dish's issue because the receiver is not sending a signal to switch to the other sat. Dish says that it is King Control's issue because the receiver only sees one sat and will not send a signal because of this. On one occasion I was told by Kingdome that I need to keep doing a run check switch and that it could take up to 20 times of doing this before it works.....I have done this over twenty times now...I am so tired of this..
Any suggestions?
I was told by a RV parts dealer who sold Kingdome that I had to use a tech's tool and follow a procedure to get the Kingdome and the Dish receiver to talk back and forth, Kingdome Tech says that I dont have to. I just wish I could get a step by step procedure that actually works.
4 REPLIES 4

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Okay got a call from King controls tech...he told me that he believes I have an older controller that does not receive signals from the new receivers from Dish..so I have a new control box coming. I will let you all know the outcome..when I get it hooked up.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
So no one out here that has any more input? King control techs no longer return my calls what a piece of garbage.....

Community Alumni
Not applicable
That is exactly the source I was using to try to set up the dome and the vip211k......it still does not view all the sats. There is a difference..when it says RUN:l LOCKED S XX, DISH 110/119... On page 12..I have one more screen...it will say Now on 119 or 110 depending on what sat was last manually selected.

KA4EBU
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.kingcontrols.com/userfiles/file/1305-TK%20Trac-King%20TSG%20Rev%20J,%2004-14-09.pdf
This is the 9760 manual. They have a section on dish 500 setup. The dish setup is not a problem. They tell how to set the receiver up also. I used it and the vip211k manual.
I did have a problem once, called the rv people at dish, they walked me through it and all works.
Don and Pauletta
2003 Phaeton 40RH
2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
Misty - Enjoying on the Rainbow Bridge
Sophie - Maltese