cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McD's app needs care

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I use the McDonald's app frequently for online ordering either from the parking lot or inside the store. Don't like lines and cash, but mainly because I like technology.

About every 3rd time it gags with something like "You are having connectivity issues" or "No stores found." To solve this on my android phone, I go to app management, Storage, and select clear data and clear cache. Voila, fixed.

I mentioned this in a previous thread but thought it may be worth bringing up again for you Techno-McD's freaks.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
55 REPLIES 55

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
STBRetired wrote:
noteven wrote:

My iPhone can’t send a text to iPhone and Android users at the same time.

Settings -> Messages -> Turn on "Send as SMS"

Easy fix.

Nope - doesn't fix it.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Unlike McD's which is just pocketing the savings.
Do you own a smartphone? Your arguments seem more angry than making any sense.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
it's refueling. You serve yourself at the pump don't you. 🙂

yes it is refueling. but when Gas Stations started offering "Full Serve" and "Self Serve" and in a few stations still

Self serve costs less. So they ARE paying me to pump my own.

Unlike McD's which is just pocketing the savings.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
I do not use it.. They are not paying me to take my own order I charge 20/hr minimum normally much more except when I'm working for friends (They get 1 cup coffee as the bill) so I'm not doing the store's work for it.
It's McDonald's, they also expect you to throw your trash away and bus your table. It's not like it's fine dining, or even just dining, it's refueling. You serve yourself at the pump don't you. 🙂

And at locations that offer the option to pump for yourself or to have them pump it for you, there is a substantial discount for you saving them the labor, McBarfuls ever offer you that?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Technology is not the enemy. Apps are generally good. Self-serve gas (not in NJ!) and self checkout grocery and now self check out at some convenience stores. Order online with Amazon or drive to Best Buy, your choice. No one says you "must" use these options but when they are convenient, time saving and often money saving, why not use them?
I save at least $1 on nearly every McDonald's visit using the app and right now there is a $2 breakfast sandwich offer so I can get a bacon, egg, cheese, bagel ($5.17) for $2!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Is there a bathroom on the app? If not we won't need it.:)

Maybe a reserve seating, there is often a lineup.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there a bathroom on the app? If not we won't need it.:)
Puma 30RKSS

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
wa8yxm wrote:
I do not use it.. They are not paying me to take my own order I charge 20/hr minimum normally much more except when I'm working for friends (They get 1 cup coffee as the bill) so I'm not doing the store's work for it.

So after listing off your order to the cashier...do you hand over an invoice for the time spent telling her the order?

Reality is it saves you time & effort, plus you are more likely to get the order correct.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
My problems happen using my own data connection.

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
I use the McDonald's app frequently for online ordering either from the parking lot or inside the store. Don't like lines and cash, but mainly because I like technology.

About every 3rd time it gags with something like "You are having connectivity issues" or "No stores found." To solve this on my android phone, I go to app management, Storage, and select clear data and clear cache. Voila, fixed.

I mentioned this in a previous thread but thought it may be worth bringing up again for you Techno-McD's freaks.

I had the same issue with the McD app and many other apps that I tried to use while at McD. It appears that the McD FREE WiFi system was the problem. I now avoid their FREE WiFi and use the cellphone's mobile data connection with no connection issues.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:

Settings -> Messages -> Turn on "Send as SMS"

Easy fix.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

htss
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
It's McDonald's, they also expect you to throw your trash away and bus your table. It's not like it's fine dining, or even just dining, it's refueling. You serve yourself at the pump don't you. 🙂

I got a chuckle out of "it's refueling", thanks! 😛
2012 Chevy 2500HD DA - 2009 Open Range (33.5' fifth wheel) - B&W Companion - 40 gallon aux tank - Myself, wife and two kids

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I'm not doing the store's work for it.
Ok, you can stand in line then. What apps do you use that you like?

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
AsheGuy wrote:
noteven wrote:
This is why our only Apple product was won, not bought. Apple is into proprietary solutions that aren't always compatible with the outside world. Not that other companies don't try the same thing but Apple reigns supreme in that area.

I send group texts to my family with no issues. Both iphone and android destinations.

Yeah We do too. Not sure what those guys are doing?

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"