cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

McD's app needs care

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I use the McDonald's app frequently for online ordering either from the parking lot or inside the store. Don't like lines and cash, but mainly because I like technology.

About every 3rd time it gags with something like "You are having connectivity issues" or "No stores found." To solve this on my android phone, I go to app management, Storage, and select clear data and clear cache. Voila, fixed.

I mentioned this in a previous thread but thought it may be worth bringing up again for you Techno-McD's freaks.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
55 REPLIES 55

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
They need to make an app that detects when you eat one of their burgers, then constantly updates you with the location of the nearest unoccupied toilet. McDonalds, cleaning colons like a white tornado since 1940.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Wait until someone posts about the Walmart and Sams Scan and Go. You walk around the store, get your stuff, scan, pay from your phone, walk out the door. No lines. EVIL! ๐Ÿ™‚
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Of course the key to all technology is.. humans.

I set up mobile payment in the Burger King app via Paypal -they don't have mobile ordering. Went to counter, ordered food, punched a few buttons and a code came up and said "present this code to the cashier." Well, she gave me the blank stare like I'd just spoken Chinese.

She got a boss lady who didn't really know either as I guess nobody uses that at this store. It's a simple code she just had to type in and voila, meal paid for. She even called me by my name.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Probably should have used a comma instead of a period, and made one sentence instead of adding the short one.
Or a hyphen.
๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Farmboy666 wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
You are angry that McDonald's make an app? That's funny. No one said you have to use it. Maybe take your blood pressure meds and turn off your phone before you head out to McDonald's!
Think about all the things you used to have to wait in line to do and there is now technology that allows you to avoid these lines. It's the future but if you don't like it, don't use it. I plan to order my breakfast while in my underwear this morning and tell them I want to pick it up in 30 minutes. It will be paid for and available for me shortly after arrival even if there are 10 folks in line when I arrive.
Yep, I can see where that would make you mad. Oh yeah, my drink will be free because I used the app.

Knowing the high quality they put into everything my guess is they make it when you order and it sits under a heat lamp for 30 minutes waiting for you to pick it up, sounds tasty. If your sitting around the house in your underwear why don't you just fry an egg.

OK, I may have stretched the truth a bit about the ordering process. You make the order in your underwear and when you arrive you push the "I have arrived" button and they make your order and process the payment. It's actually pretty tasty and now some of the locations are doing the scrambled eggs with fresh cracked eggs instead of the homogenized type but both are real egg. Unless you are from NJ, the bagels are good and the biscuits are good as well. There's a variety of products and some like them and some don't. That's OK, too. Breakfast this morning was scrambled eggs, sausage biscuit, large soft drink for $2.50. Adding in a senior coffee for Janet added a whopping $0.35 and this coffee is better than just about any coffee stand out there. You can't be the price and the quality of food is actually quite good. YMMV!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

Probably should have used a comma instead of a period, and made one sentence instead of adding the short one.
Or a hyphen.

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
You are angry that McDonald's make an app? That's funny. No one said you have to use it. Maybe take your blood pressure meds and turn off your phone before you head out to McDonald's!
Think about all the things you used to have to wait in line to do and there is now technology that allows you to avoid these lines. It's the future but if you don't like it, don't use it. I plan to order my breakfast while in my underwear this morning and tell them I want to pick it up in 30 minutes. It will be paid for and available for me shortly after arrival even if there are 10 folks in line when I arrive.
Yep, I can see where that would make you mad. Oh yeah, my drink will be free because I used the app.

Knowing the high quality they put into everything my guess is they make it when you order and it sits under a heat lamp for 30 minutes waiting for you to pick it up, sounds tasty. If your sitting around the house in your underwear why don't you just fry an egg.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
Unlike McD's which is just pocketing the savings.
Do you own a smartphone? Your arguments seem more angry than making any sense.

Yes I do.. And Yes I am angry. But that is as far as I will go with explanation.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Fizz wrote:
Cabin fever is setting in.
I guess. An app that lets me order and pay from my table. What a ripoff.

People on this board can find fault with just about anything.
"An app that lets me order and pay from my table. What a ripoff."

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
I guess. An app that lets me order and pay from my table. What a ripoff.

People on this board can find fault with just about anything.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
I do not use it.. They are not paying me to take my own order I charge 20/hr minimum normally much more except when I'm working for friends (They get 1 cup coffee as the bill) so I'm not doing the store's work for it.
It's McDonald's, they also expect you to throw your trash away and bus your table. It's not like it's fine dining, or even just dining, it's refueling. You serve yourself at the pump don't you. ๐Ÿ™‚

And at locations that offer the option to pump for yourself or to have them pump it for you, there is a substantial discount for you saving them the labor, McBarfuls ever offer you that?

You are not cooking your own food at McDonald's so this is pretty much a nonsense post. I have to assume you knew that when you posted it but just let it ride anyway.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
noteven wrote:
STBRetired wrote:
noteven wrote:

My iPhone canโ€™t send a text to iPhone and Android users at the same time.

Settings -> Messages -> Turn on "Send as SMS"

Easy fix.

Nope - doesn't fix it.

Do you have MMS turned on? Group messages are MMS. With only iPhones in the list, it uses iMessage (data instead of native cellular texting).

Sorry of the off topic.

My thoughts on self-serve fast food:

If it helps me get out of there faster or with less frustration, that is like payment to me. I couldn't care less whether the restaurant "pockets the money" or not. They actually have to pay to install the infrastructure and support the app so it's not free labor, besides most of cost is providing the facility and making the food and not in taking the order. For all we know they are only doing it because the next generation expects it.

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it's a built in safety feature and it's trying to save your life. Does it have a "call 911" button for when the heart attack happens, they should add that.