cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Microsoft, Volvo strike deal to make driverless cars

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Blue screen of death may have a whole new meaning.

It will require an unlimited $200 per month data plan to auto load the constant updates it will require.
8 REPLIES 8

az99
Explorer
Explorer
How quickly these threads go off topic. ๐Ÿ™‚

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
bcsdguy wrote:
I always find it amusing when people talk about driving the "speed limit". No one seems to realize that you are not required drive that speed. It is a maximum and anything less than that is actually legal. JMO

Ahh actually it is not!

While I can't speak for California but you won't want to try and do that in the Midwest. There are actually signs that say what the 'minimum' speed is! And they DO give tickets for doing less.

Even if there are no minimum speed signs. If you are traveling so slow as to impede traffic they'll give you a ticket for that too.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
I always find it amusing when people talk about driving the "speed limit". No one seems to realize that you are not required drive that speed. It is a maximum and anything less than that is actually legal. JMO
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe if enough "driverless" cars on the road are "impeding" traffic, it just might force the rest of humanity to finally drive the posted speed limit! There would be NO traffic to impede if everyone drove the speed limit.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Was reading a facebook post the other day about a poor police officer.

He pulled over a car for impeding traffic,, Went up to the driver's side to make the traditional request (License, Registration and Proof of insurance) and surprise... NO DRIVER!!!!!!! Yup, it was a Google car.. There was, however a passenger. I do wonder how he wrote out the ticket though.

No ticket was issued.
But, that does bring up the question of how traffic violations will be handled with driverless cars.
We all know the gov't won't give up the revenue generated by traffic violations. :W

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Was reading a facebook post the other day about a poor police officer.

He pulled over a car for impeding traffic,, Went up to the driver's side to make the traditional request (License, Registration and Proof of insurance) and surprise... NO DRIVER!!!!!!! Yup, it was a Google car.. There was, however a passenger. I do wonder how he wrote out the ticket though.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
Blue screen of death may have a whole new meaning....

:B

Well we do know that Google's driver less car can get stopped by the cops! AND get a pass!
http://recode.net/2015/11/12/google-self-driving-car-gets-pulled-over-doesnt-get-a-ticket/

Hmmm,does that mean that if we own a driverless car we won'te ever get a ticket?

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
Blue screen of death may have a whole new meaning.

It will require an unlimited $200 per month data plan to auto load the constant updates it will require.

There was a thread a few days ago about unlimited data plans not being 'unlimited.'

I wonder how it will work with driverless cars?