cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Most Reliable Dish Network Setup

youth4him
Explorer
Explorer
We've had the tripod setup before, and it's a little cumbersome, but after reading all of the threads with issues with Dish changes, Tailgator setups and issues, etc, I'm wondering if that tripod set up with a good day finder isn't the most convenient, but might be the most reliable.

Is my thinking correct?

I'll be grabbing my Dish receiver from the house or getting a new 211 to run it.

Thank you!
KD

Trip of a Lifetime Blog - 12000 Miles, 100 Days, 34 States, 4 Humans, 1 Mini Daschund...FUN!
2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali - 6.2L, 6-speed
4 REPLIES 4

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
The larger the dish the better and more reliable signal from the sats.......once you get it aimed properly. I carry a 1000.4 tripod mount antenna and a Tailgater. But the Tailgater is so much easier to set up I have not used the tripod mount in a couple years.

youth4him
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
youth4him wrote:
We've had the tripod setup before, and it's a little cumbersome, but after reading all of the threads with issues with Dish changes, Tailgator setups and issues, etc, I'm wondering if that tripod set up with a good day finder isn't the most convenient, but might be the most reliable.

Is my thinking correct?

Yes it is.

When you use an open-faced dish on a tripod (like a 1000.2 or 1000.4), you can use any type of dish receiver + you can duplicate any household dish network (like a Hopper, etc).

That's a great point and if we grab the DVR receiver, then I can just use that when we stop for the night.
KD

Trip of a Lifetime Blog - 12000 Miles, 100 Days, 34 States, 4 Humans, 1 Mini Daschund...FUN!
2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali - 6.2L, 6-speed

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
youth4him wrote:

Is my thinking correct?

Yes it is.

When you use an open-faced dish on a tripod (like a 1000.2 or 1000.4), you can use any type of dish receiver + you can duplicate any household dish network (like a Hopper, etc).
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
We are happy with our tailgater. Only problems we have is having to call dish if you dont use it enough. It is just a reactivation call from lack of use. Use it every could weeks and all is good.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS