cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New FMCA/Verizon Unlimited Data Plan

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
FMCA has announced a new data plan being offered in conjunction with Verizon.

FMCA/Verizon unlimited data plan $ 43.99
40 REPLIES 40

MrWizard
i'm sure somebody at FMCA is hopeful , and will continue to say that

but VZW's history with such such plans amounts to "when He!! freezes over"

i don't give much credence that it will happen
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
PatrickA51 wrote:
I talked to FMCA Membership Services about this plan they said that they (FMCA and Verizon) were close to releasing a plan. So I guess it's a waiting game now.

Don't hold your breath

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, it's not a waiting game. This deal is dead and there is no hope for recovery unless they offer a completely different plan than the original. I get a 15 percent discount as an Uber driver and FMCA may be able to get a similar discount for their members (snore) but Verizon will never allow them to offer unlimited data to everyone on the Planet at a super low price.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
hypoxia wrote:
I called FMCA this morning and signed up. Jetpack should arrive next week. I have the ATT Mobley which is OK but have found no service some places where my Verizon has excellent service.

Grand kids went through 16 GB in one day.

It's been two years ago now, but I drove a car from California to South Carolina for a relative. A friend of mine came with me for the ride and we went up to Oshkosh for the air show on the way. So with that detour we covered a lot of the Country. My phone was Verizon and his was AT&T so we got a nation-wide side by side comparison. It was no contest as he often had no cell coverage while I did. In fact there was never a point where I had no coverage but he did. And when we both had coverage I often had way more bars visible than he did. And both phones were identical iPhones.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to FMCA Membership Services about this plan they said that they (FMCA and Verizon) were close to releasing a plan. So I guess it's a waiting game now.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
The release of information was done by a "high up".
I had a post deleted because I mentioned what was deciphered by a mod to be"politics" which it wasn't meant to be. I was trying to give a reason as to why this plan was released before the deal was actually finalized. Oh well.

Right now, anyone that joined FMCA just for the cheap VZ plan will be getting a refund of dues paid. You do not have to write a nasty email to them to get your money back.

Even those that did get the "deal" will be getting a refund.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Nothing
And the only thing FMCA did was wrong
Was to not stress to members this was a test only and to keep their mouths and fingers quiet and not tell others about it

VZW found out real fast , that there is a huge market for rv data users at an affordable make sense price
And they don't want that
I got Verizon, i like their service, but that have always been the most costly
And are not interested in having thousands of new unlimited data subscripts with real unlimited data use

Perhaps if FMCA hadn't released the plan information to technical news purveyors like the Technomadia folks with no restrictions, they might have had a better chance of keeping a lid on it before places like Google News picked up the story. It would also have helped if FMCA actually verified motorcoach ownership before admitting new members.

As for VZW finding out "real fast" that such a plan would be widely popular, I guess they've forgotten the Omnilynx fiasco already. Bottom line, this was not a very well thought out plan on either side...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MrWizard
Glad you got your dues back
I should have been more specific in my reply as i failed to say anything about your dues, which were your main concern
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the reply from FMCA to my request for dues refund:

Thank you for reaching out. Your refund request has been submitted to our accounting team. Your refund will be processed in the next 24-48 hours.

Thank you for your patience, and please let us know if there is any way we can serve you in the future.

Sincerely,

Noah Soudrette

Membership Assistant

Family Motor Coach Association

8291 Clough Pike

Cincinnati, OH 45244

MrWizard
Nothing
And the only thing FMCA did was wrong
Was to not stress to members this was a test only and to keep their mouths and fingers quiet and not tell others about it

VZW found out real fast , that there is a huge market for rv data users at an affordable make sense price
And they don't want that
I got Verizon, i like their service, but that have always been the most costly
And are not interested in having thousands of new unlimited data subscripts with real unlimited data use
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Well I just sent FMCA an email requesting a refund of my recently paid dues. I let them know the reason I was cancelling was their handling of the entire Verizon fiasco. We'll see what happens....

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well then.....glad I didn't sign back up for FMCA! I mean I would have if this had panned out..Oh well!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you build it, they will come.
Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2020 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Aventa II, Air Force One

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just call me Carnac the Magnificent. No real surprise.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?