cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pioneer "sound,vision,soul"

ahfox
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at a Trail Lite B+ with a dashboard screen that appears to be able to do many things (navigate with some type of disc, operate a back up camara, subscribe to satellite radio,etc) There is a large two foot dome on top that appears to compliment the unit. I could not access anything other than an option menu page. I am a "newbe" at RVing but like this 2004 well taken care of RV. Any help on where to go to figure out this system would be oh so greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most RVers supply their own satellite TV receiver so the previous owner likely took it with him when he left.
Do you have any more information on what model Trac-Vision (KVH) antenna you have installed? By the way, as I mentioned earlier, this would be for satellite TV only an unrelated to anything else in the coach.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

ahfox
Explorer
Explorer
I have not located anything that looks like a receiver yet. I bought the unit today but do not have it in my possession yet to really look things over regarding the electronics. This 2004 Trail Lite by r vision is a bit of mystery to me. It is extremely clean inside, only 12000 miles in 12 years; and every appliance in this class B Plus appears to have never been used. The styrofoam packing is still in the microwave and the frig still has the startup directions and yet it has the pioneer AVIC D3 system with blue tooth add on and the trac vision satellite system, and some type of back up camara system. Seems like these extras would be included in a motorhome that would be well used. Can't seem to find any history other than this independent dealer said he got it from a large dealer in NJ who said only it was one owner. Any ideas? Could it have been used as an construction office?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
More information on the dome:

Trac-vision
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The dome you describe on the roof is unrelated to the radio or navigation. It might be an OTA TV antenna (Winegard Rayzar) or a satellite TV antenna (Winegard, King Dome or KVH). Take a look at the outside of the dome and see what it says.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
You are most welcome, glad I could help.

ahfox
Explorer
Explorer
Gordon Three
Thanks again for all your help. It is greatly appreciated!!!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
That looks like a nice unit. AVIC-D3 is the model number for the receiver, ant CB-BTB100 is for a bluetooth wireless receiver add-on.

It looks like Pioneer is still making Navi dvd's for it, the 2016 set is on ebay for $70, and previous years costing a lot less

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Pioneer-Avic-D3-Avic-N4-GPS-Navigations-Map-Discs-100-Original-OEM/18224...

The receiver itself can play just about any kind of disc. You can connect it to an iPod (or older iPhone) for listening to music, or put a bunch of MP3 music tracks on a CD/DVD for it to play. If it's hooked up to a TV, you can even use it to watch movies on DVD.

ahfox
Explorer
Explorer
Gordon Three
I just spoke to the independent dealer I am working with and he forwarded me two sets of numbers for the pioneer in dash system. I believe he took these from some papers he had in unit. They are: AVIC-D3. And: CB-BTB100
I hope these are model #s. Once again, Thanks for all your help!!!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Take a close look at the radio unit, somewhere it will have a model #. Really need that to get more information.

I'm sure the unit is worth using, Pioneer makes a great in dash receiver, for radio or satellite if you add that service, and just playing audio discs.

The navigation is likely going to be quirky and outdated, I think they stopped using navigation DVD quite some time ago, but still, if you can get the disc on ebay for $20, that's not a bad to have as a backup.

The trackvision unit commands some impressive prices on the web. It looks like a two part system, the dome on the roof and a receiver "cable box" inside the coach. Do you have the receiver box?

https://www.google.com/#q=tracvision

ahfox
Explorer
Explorer
In answer to your response, which I want to Thank You very much for, I am new to this fabulous website and I do not know exactly how to share a picture with you,but I saw the name "trac-vision" on the dome and there appears to be a "trac-vision on/off switch" inside. What do I look under for the discs on eBay? Do you think this system is still worth using or is it terribly antiquated in your opinion? Thanks again for your help !!!!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
You can find the navigation disc(s) on ebay for cheap.

Pioneer's pretty good about online manuals, check out their website and search for your model #.

The dome on top is probably for satellite television, can you share some pictures?