cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Satelite TV Hookup

mtnpapa201
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 2004 Gulfstream BT Cruiser and want to be able to watch Direct TV. I purchased a used Wineguard DTV dish with a tripod and want to know if I can just plug into my external TV jack from the dish. I plan to use my home DTV receiver but don't know where to plug it into. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Either of those will work. If you can find a path from your firewall up to a cabinet via the window pillars it makes for an easy connection. There is also a flat coax cable available that allows you to nearly fully close your window should you choose that option.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mtnpapa201
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies. Do I need to drill a hole somewhere to bring the coax into the coach or do I run it thru the window (rolled up as much as possible)?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You cannot use the coach "Cable In" connection for satellite TV as it came from the factory, but there is a chance that the cabling could be modified to be used for either satellite only or with an A/B switch or similar inside the coach you could choose which input you wanted. You might need to find an RV tech to re-wire things or check with a Gulfstream owners forum to see how Gulfstream wired their coaches.
If you have a video control center (usually a black box with a variety of buttons for TV, Aux, VCR, etc.) the rewiring job can be easily accomplished by you.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
It's better to bypass the RV External TV Jack to prevent interference for the satellite antenna. You need a direct path from the dish to the receiver for best results.

The Dish antenna cable screws on to the connection at the back of your receiver box marked as "Satellite Antenna In" or something similar. Then you connect a cable from the receiver box connection marked "Out To TV" or "TV Out" to your TV Or use the RCA connectors (Red,Yellow & White) or HDMI cable if so equipped to get the signal from the receiver to the TV.