cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Streaming Video from RV Park Wi-Fi

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to ask this after reading comments of RVParkReviews...how many RV'ers actually expect to get Streaming Video service from a Park's free Wi-Fi? Comments like, "I couldn't stream my NET Flix on the Wi-Fi" so I don't like the park or give the park a low rating.

I'm at a park now that actually address's this issue....their password to get on the Wi-Fi network in the park is, "NoNetFlix".....good thinking on their part.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)
22 REPLIES 22

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I find it interesting the topic regarding AT&T/Direct TV is looking to do away with Sat based TV and go with streaming by 2020 and 5G speed's! I think I'll hold off on investing in a new Sat Dish and stay with my very old Datron system until this all gets sorted out. Who knows!!!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
May I ask who is your provider?

happycamper002 wrote:
Shared wifi in rv cg is a no no. I carry my own hotspot with unlimited data so I don't have to rely on cg wifi.
I constantly check Wall Street ticker updates. I also watch ocassional full length movies thru my Amazon TV subscription. This is more demanding in terms of bandwidth compared to simple streaming videos.
All of these thru my unlimited data via hotspot. This system replaced my cumbersome satellite setup.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised rv parks do not block Netflix. Blocking access would stop most people.

happycamper002
Explorer
Explorer
Shared wifi in rv cg is a no no. I carry my own hotspot with unlimited data so I don't have to rely on cg wifi.
I constantly check Wall Street ticker updates. I also watch ocassional full length movies thru my Amazon TV subscription. This is more demanding in terms of bandwidth compared to simple streaming videos.
All of these thru my unlimited data via hotspot. This system replaced my cumbersome satellite setup.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
One park I like has excellent Wi-Fi. Email, weather reports, rv.net, all load nice and fast. They warn those streaming video will be shut off. Probably the reason they have excellent Wi-Fi.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me too....E-mail is a blessing and maybe a little WEB surfing But Streaming Video.....just can't figure how some would expect this!
96 Vogue Prima Vista

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
We were just in an RV park that had the same password. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
My expectations are a lot lower. If I can check email, browse the web I'm pleased. Anything more than that is a bonus.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT