cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thanks for my $20 coupon

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks CW for the $20 coupon, only took me a hour walking around your Oxford, AL store to find something I wanted. Will enjoy my new rocking chair for the rear deck on the fiver and only paid $19 after the coupon. I'm a happy camper.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian
20 REPLIES 20

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
arkie_camper wrote:
wbwood wrote:
arkie_camper wrote:
wbwood wrote:
arkie_camper wrote:
I, like everyone else, am VERY appreciative of the $20 coupon. However I learned a valuable lesson. I bought a vent cover for a fan in the bathroom and it wouldn't fit. Camping World would not let me exchange it and would only refund the amount over the $20. I'm not complaining, just sayin', next time it'll be toilet paper and chemicals.

Why wouldn't they exchange or let you return it for credit? It said "No strings attached"....guess we both have learned that there are strings attached.

I was told that items bought with a coupon could not be exchanged and since the the cover didn't fit, I should sell it on Craigslist.

I wonder if your wife took it in there without a receipt and said she bought it and wanted to exchange it for something else (without mentioning the coupon), if they would do it.

That might have worked, but I guess I'll never know, since I took the refund. This is the only retail store I've had this happen. Fortunately this didn't cost me any "out of pocket" money.

Maybe you can return it to another store or sell it...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

arkie_camper
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
arkie_camper wrote:
wbwood wrote:
arkie_camper wrote:
I, like everyone else, am VERY appreciative of the $20 coupon. However I learned a valuable lesson. I bought a vent cover for a fan in the bathroom and it wouldn't fit. Camping World would not let me exchange it and would only refund the amount over the $20. I'm not complaining, just sayin', next time it'll be toilet paper and chemicals.

Why wouldn't they exchange or let you return it for credit? It said "No strings attached"....guess we both have learned that there are strings attached.

I was told that items bought with a coupon could not be exchanged and since the the cover didn't fit, I should sell it on Craigslist.

I wonder if your wife took it in there without a receipt and said she bought it and wanted to exchange it for something else (without mentioning the coupon), if they would do it.

That might have worked, but I guess I'll never know, since I took the refund. This is the only retail store I've had this happen. Fortunately this didn't cost me any "out of pocket" money.
Mark and Dianna
along with Hank the Wonderdog
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2016 CC Silverback 33IK

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
arkie_camper wrote:
wbwood wrote:
arkie_camper wrote:

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

arkie_camper
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
arkie_camper wrote:

Mark and Dianna
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2016 CC Silverback 33IK

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
arkie_camper wrote:

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
We get coupons like that from Kohl's and JCP from time to time. They usually specify $10 off of a minimum $10 purchase.

Sound like you made out okay. Thanks for the update and explanation of how the coupon works.

Now Dennis will know how to use his when he receives it. :B

Its expiration is today, 10/1/15. as only good for a couple weeks.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Not even a store credit on a gift card? That sort of sucks.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

arkie_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Mark and Dianna
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2016 CC Silverback 33IK

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
We get coupons like that from Kohl's and JCP from time to time. They usually specify $10 off of a minimum $10 purchase.

Sound like you made out okay. Thanks for the update and explanation of how the coupon works.

Now Dennis will know how to use his when he receives it. :B
It's his Super Power!

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Although the card said no minimum and no strings attached, you must purchase at least $20 worth of stuff. I purchased some tank chemicals. Club price was $17.29. The cashier said that we had to purchase something else because it had to come up to at least $20. I grabbed some candy that cost $1.99. Together that was $19.28. Cashier said it still was not enough. Even with tax(6.75%), which should of carried it to about $20.58. She said the computer wouldn't accept it. My daughter end up getting another thing of candy that $2.29. Somehow, after it was all said and done, we ended up spending $1.69 out of pocket. Still don't understand how they got to that number after looking at the receipt. So I went back on my word and gave CW some of my money. But I wasn't going to tell my daughter no.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
I'm a "follower"?!? (*sigh*)

tom must be new(ish)
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. I'm looking for one with an adjustable back angle.

Good deal you got.

courtesy link to the OPs new chair

(Not an Advert)
It's his Super Power!

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
I'm a "follower"?!? (*sigh*)

Btw, which rocking chair did you get?

I got the Bronze Rocket on aisle for $39 reg $49. Very comfy.

https://images3.campingworld.com/CampingWorld/images/products/6000/1000x1000/69700n.jpg

Sorry can't paste image from the tablet.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
$10 and a free membership renewal? Wow - they must really wanna keep you as a member!

HeckOfADeal.
It's his Super Power!