cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WiFiRanger Core & SkyPro

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished a test on my WiFiRanger Core and SkyPro. Very happy with the results (full article here๐Ÿ˜ž

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs
5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got it, thanks. I assume the goal is to get better connections from local WiFi connections. The under $100 solution put together by David Bott on the Tiffin Forum (and available on Youtube) is a great option as well.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Can you test the SkyPro without a Wifi Ranger (not a big fan) or is this something that requires that kind or a router?

Bill:

The SkyPro "is" a WiFiRanger as is the Core. Both are fully functional routers capable of being used separately. The fact that they are linked together in this example doesn't make using them in that configuration exclusively.

Joel
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I recently got a Ubiquitti Nano-Staion Loco-M5 (note spelling on the company name may be off but close enough for Google) one of a long line of devices they make. the lowest cost one.. Very imoressed with it.

LIke the Wi-Fi Ranger outdoor modules it gets power via the LAN cable, but they include a "power inserter" as part of the package.. Short cable from Router (In my case a Belkin) to Inserter, and again IN MY CASE up to 100' to the Nano-Station.. NOTE.. That limit is simply the length of the longest cat-5 cable I have in stock, not the limit of operation.

THey claim 4 Miles possible.. I've not see that but I've yet to find a Wi-Fi node" that was not full scale on the LED graph (4 LED's -65db or higher)

The best on their list advertises 50KM (About 40 miles) range.. One assumes that is to a "like" device... NOTE you can also mount the device on a sat dish in lace of the LNB if you have the needed angles.... I don't have 'em. but George does (Amateurlogic.tv) a recent episode revisited his "Cantenna" which I've used for some time to improve range.. He mounted it on a Sat Dish.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Can you test the SkyPro without a Wifi Ranger (not a big fan) or is this something that requires that kind or a router?

The SkyPro requires power via POE which the Core provides.

Here are Technomadia's reviews:
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?