cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard SensarPro wall plate problem

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have the SensarPro TV Signal Strength Meter (RFL-342) which has worked fine for a few years. Rushing back to Canada from Florida, we used it in a few places. Now that we're home in mandatory 14-day quarantine, it's not working.

I'm sure we've received channels here before but the plate just displays dashes no matter what is selected. The volume setting is the only thing that responds.

Is this DOA behavior or something else?
21 REPLIES 21

houstonstroker
Explorer
Explorer
press and hold both the UP and DOWN buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. This will reset the SensarPro
2016 Dynamax Force HD Super C

METZCOOL
Explorer
Explorer
Had this same problem last fall and turned out to be the sensor head in the antenna.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Try running a temporary piece of coax from the Sensar Pro directly to the antenna head. had the coax fail on mine where it entered the roof after many years of flexing as the antenna was raised and lowered.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I tried disconnecting and reconnecting. A bunch of numbers appeared like it was scanning, then it went back to dashes after a few seconds.

I'll play with it a bit more but I fear it may be toast.

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator
Check the cable connections to the back of plate too. They may have loosened from travel vibrations. The same for B.O.M.B.conections between antenna, plate,and tv(s).
Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom M is right. We had problem ours not searching. Removed the plate and disconnected the two wires for a minute or two and reconnected. Works fine now
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Try disconnecting the power to the SensorPro for about a minute then reconnect. If it does the same it may be toast.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN