cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wireless back up camera

morgan37327
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for suggestions on a back up camera for truck/camper. We have a 2005 GMC 3500 Sierra, dually, extended cab. We use it to pull our 34' fifth wheel. I want to surprise my husband on his birthday but I'm unsure on what to buy/look for. Any suggestions would be great. I prefer a wireless camera. Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the GE model 45255. Made for indoor,but if you have a window in back,it'll work great.I don't have so I'm looking for a enclosure for it. I can set it on the back of my 32 ft. 5 er and still have a great signal across the street in the neighbors driveway. Another downer to camera is no reverse image. Camera has sound too. I'm working on the down sides now.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

bukzin
Explorer
Explorer
Costco has a wireless version right now for $100.

Check specs on any wireless model. Most have a limited range; may not work on
longer rigs.
2006 Monaco Diplomat 41'
Cummins 400hp ISL CM850

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
No it don't.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Swift Hitch

That link don't work ๐Ÿ™‚
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Swift Hitch
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
dp
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Harder to hook up, but I went "wired". Got a good "make offer" buy on a CRT B&W.
Super clear display. Dint need color,...I know what color my toad is ๐Ÿ™‚
Rich

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I needed something different for the MH because the old CRT monitor acts up all the time but still works when it wants too. So, I just purchased these cheap lil color camera's from Amazon along with the separate transmitter/receiver and a small LCD monitor. All I'll say is that, for me, it fills the void as a rear view monitor just fine for well under 100.00 altogether. ( two camera, a monitor and two trans/rec). This is on a 37' motorhome so more distance may require some imagitive wiring.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Wireless???? Hit or miss. Some installations are just great and absolutely no problem. Others are "kinda good" Works good sometimes but you never know when it is going to work or not.

Wired???? Always a positive connection and picture.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

MrWizard
do you want it for "hitching up"

or for backing up the trailer
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Furrion wireless back up camera that came on my Cedar Creek.
Works great.
Bill and Joey the dog

Moved from Forum Technical Support

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at wireless also and read the reviews that didn't sound to good. so I gave up on wireless.

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
JMO but I would recommend you go with a wired system. I have a Hopkins and am very happy with it. The install wasn't all that difficult and the picture is clear. To many things can cause interference with the wireless systems.