cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yahoo Mail-address limit per e-mail?

jimhaz2402
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, I've got a serious medical problem that needs tending to @ MD Anderson in Houston. Scads of friends/family have asked me to keep them current on what's happening, prognosis, etc I cannot possibly sent each one an e-mail. How many addresses will Yahoo allow for one e-mail? Thanks much. jim
10 REPLIES 10

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Facebook groups work as well, and I'm seeing people move to that.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ran into this ten years ago when I had just retired and started traveling full time, trying to use mailing lists to keep up with family and friends.

I remember first hitting the limit on number of addressees per send, so I split my lists and sent the same thing to two or three lists separately. Then if I sent too many things to too many people, I ran into other anti-spams limits.

I particularly remember shifting my mailing lists from using AOL to send, to Yahoo, because Yahoo had looser limits (and AOL back then was the big target for hijacking accounts for spamming, since AOL mail was still bigger than the Internet).

I don't think you'll be getting anybody's actual numbers, on these limits. The limits change as the big mail services have to adjust to the changing problem, and publishing the limits is simply telling spammers and abusers how to get around them.

People on my mailing lists eventually started pushing me toward social media, starting with MySpace and for my friends in China, an experimental system built by Microsoft to test the concept before jumping in. Then it was something on Yahoo, and most recently FaceBook, which my family has now stayed with (except the youngsters exchanging photos and videos instead of blog-like posts).

If your messages are short, Twitter works very well, can go out to mobile phones almost immediately, but you have to get the interested people to subscribe to your tweets.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Caring Bridge is what several,of our friends have used, also. Good luck with you situation. I currently have a friend there also.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Last I checked Yahoo also lets you set up a group such that you can send to many with a single group entry.

But I do not know the limit...I have never sent more than a few at one time.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi,

I wouldn't use e-mail. Instead, I'd recommend you start either a CarePages account or a Caring Bridge account. Your medical center might already sponsor one or the other. With these accounts, you (and/or someone else you designate) make a post, and everyone who subscribes will see it. Well, people will receive an e-mail notice whenever you create a post, then they log in to see it. They will have the opportunity to reply as well, offering words of encouragement either publicly or privately.

We used CarePages (account name: Lexi96) for our daughter and it was really a blessing to be able to keep everyone up to date with accurate day-to-day information throughout her illness.

Good Luck with whatever method you choose, and prayers of support and well wishes to you during your illness and recuperation.

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

I believe its 95 emails per hour. 500 max per day.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
My mother send a family news letter to about 90 in Gmail. As said above put the names in a group then gust send the e mail to the group.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about your problem. The help on Yahoo Mail says that they will not reviel exactly how many people you can send to, due to problems caused by spammers and hackers. This is understandable, but does not help you situation. Yahoo encourages the use of "yahoo Groups" which might be a solution for you. Set up a group for your friends, add everyones name, then just send to the group. Mark everything as MEMBERS ONLY. Then delete the entire group when you have recovered.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about your problem. The help on Yahoo Mail says that they will not reviel exactly how many people you can send to, due to problems caused by spammers and hackers. This is understandable, but does not help you situation. Yahoo encourages the use of "yahoo Groups" which might be a solution for you. Set up a group for your friends, add everyones name, then just send to the group. Mark everything as MEMBERS ONLY. Then delete the entire group when you have recovered.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google 'Yahoo limit' and it should pop right up.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman