cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best time to buy new?

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
We have an RV that we plan on replacing in the next few years. We want to go new, not used, but want to get the best deals. Is it better to buy at the end of the season or at the start of the season? I know end of the season will be less selection.
20 REPLIES 20

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
IMO the best deals are when you see a full sales lot of new RVs. Owner is paying big monthly bills to the manufacturers.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
The best time for you to buy me a new trailer is tomorrow. I'm available all day. ๐Ÿ™‚
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Slow season is usually the best time although deals can be had anytime, we bought our current rig late last summer when Covid-19 was raging and got a kicking deal. I know the RV dealers here in Albuquerque have rows and rows of unsold RVs, I guess panic buying did not occur to the same degree as other areas of the country. No doubt the very slightly used market for towable RVs will be heavily enriched with rigs of all sorts as we approach pre-virus normality.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Lol, yea, 2 years ago would have been good. If you can wait a year or two the used market may expand. Thats if forest river dosen't have any more fires.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with way2roll.

I think best deals are at the end of the season, but sounds like you are a couple years out.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
You won't get a deal this year. COVID has put RV's in high demand and supply can't keep up. Dealers can't keep units on the lot. Next year you would probably get a great deal on some of the RV's COVID campers bought and no longer want. I expect the slightly used market will be saturated.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS