cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Books for first time RV owners?

KMLsquared
Explorer
Explorer
Good friends of ours just purchased their first travel trailer. They are total newbies, only tent camped their entire lives. They have two young children. I want to get them a book that covers the basics of owning and using and RV. They are not at all mechanically or electrically inclined. I also don't want to scare them with sky is falling type stuff.

Anybody have any recommendations?

P.S. I did search but did not turn anything up.
2002 Doge RAM LB QC 4x4 HO 6spd
2003 Rampage 33TB
2007 CRF80F
2006 TTR50E
2004 CRF70
2002 TTR125L
2002 Banshee
1969 Baja Bug
17 REPLIES 17

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
These days there seems to be more information (and current information) on Youtube than in books and often it's easier to understand it with video than in print. Since you haveRV'ing experience, take a look at Youtube, find some channels that are giving good advice that makes sense to you and send some links over to your friends.

Since I'm usually not out of internet/cellular range when camping, I usually just look stuff up as I need it. Waste valve leaking? I look up waste valve replacement. Slide stuck? I look up slide repair.

Though sometimes I'll come here and ask for clarification or to get a second opinion.

Vw_triker
Explorer
Explorer
I watched a LOT of tube...
You don't know what you need to know...until you need to know it

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Internet. Send them websites to the basics. Here’s one...

https://www.rv-dreams.com/rv-electrical.html
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad