cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuse box problems

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
Well guys I was getting the RV ready for tomorrow. It would have been our 1st time camping and it looks like it will be cancelled.

Went to power on the Fridge and it wouldn't. So I looked in the panel and seen this

No big deal right! I pulled the power from the house and disconnected the battery and replace the fuse. As soon and power was restored the new fuse blew. I tried 4 in total in frustration with no solution.
I called tech support and the guy had no help. He said to take it to a dealership which I will as soon as I can get an appointment. But until then I am willing to try any recommendation.
Everything worked last night. Today the fridge, and the thermostat the controls both the AC and Furnace won't display.
The box has the manafactories label WFCO T-30
Thanks a lot.
35 REPLIES 35

chevor
Explorer
Explorer
Next step I would take is taking the outlet out of the wall. Look for any signs of shorts, bad spots on wires. Take the outlet off the wires. Try Another fuse.
If thats not it remove panel box front so wiring is exposed look for same there.

If you find nothing. Then check the wires with a meter. Pull the wire off the fuse. On the outlet side of the circuit with the wires off the outlet should be a hot, neutral and ground. Touch hot to neutral.
Go back to Panel, put meter on Ohm setting, Touch one meter prong to wire that was pulled off fuse and other to neutral bar, where all white wires are. Meter should read a closed circuit, unhook wires at outlet, meter should read open circuit if it doesn't there is a short in the cable. Try same method with hot to ground.

Hope I didnt confuse you I can picture it but its hard to describe. Im saying this hoping the fridge is the only thing connected to that fuse. Electrical issues can get complicated depending on who originally wired it or anyone screwed with it.

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
chevor wrote:
Really?
Isolate the circuit.
!1 Unplug the fridge. Then replace the fuse. If it doesn't blow fridge is bad. If it does wires, outlet or something else on circuit is bad.

Yup I tried that earlier today. Went outside to the fridge access panel and unplugged the cord. Went inside and added a new 15A fuse with the power off. Plugged er in and an instant pop and flash.

I am stumped.but yeah that does take the fridge out off the possible problems. Thanks.
The red led light that stays on next to the bad fuse slot must indicate something.
Time for another google search.

chevor
Explorer
Explorer
Really?
Isolate the circuit.
!1 Unplug the fridge. Then replace the fuse. If it doesn't blow fridge is bad. If it does wires, outlet or something else on circuit is bad.

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
The pol. fuses are both good.
I thought it could be a bad battery so I disconnect the battery and ran directly from the house but that didn't work either.

Danasdaddy2002
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

Is it the reverse polarity fuse that is blowing? If so are you certain you reconnected the battery bank with the correct polarity?

It is fuse #6 which controls the fridge and AC.

I only pulled one wire of the battery.

I am doing a lot of research and I am just learning about the reverse polarity fuse. I am heading out to the RV right away.
Thank you

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Is it the reverse polarity fuse that is blowing? If so are you certain you reconnected the battery bank with the correct polarity?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.