cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lance pre wired solar

ozzie_thousand_
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 1050s bought a solar kit from lance..i found the looped wires behind the panel and I have a controller 2 blue and 2 whitewires how do I hook up my solar
1 REPLY 1

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Solar modules have two phases (+) (-). Connect one wire from the module to each of the two correct terminals on the controller. You also need to connect the controller to the battery from the output terminals of the controller. Same reference, two phases. The color of the wire is not essential but conventional wiring schedule is dark wire = (+) phase, white wire = (-) phase. Connect the wires to the battery first as some controllers will self destruct if not connected in that manner.

You should also have two circuit protectors, either fuses or circuit breakers. I used one manual disconnect circuit breaker between the module and the controller. That allows for disconnecting solar power easily, should it be necessary. I used a fuse to protect the wire between the controller and the battery bank.

Good luck with your installation. If you have other specific questions, the "Tech Issues" section of the Forum has a lot of solar users ready to answer.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton