Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok what will this truck tow ??

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Sticker inside door says GVWR 7370....front GAWR 3750....rear GAWR 3850
Its a 2013 F150 Screw 4x4 with a 5.0 liter v8 with factory tow pkg and trailer brake button on dash that I have no clue how it works 🙂
Has electronic locking rear diff ....
Not sure what rear gears etc...
It has 50k miles
Wonder how heavy of a TT it will pull if we decide to go that route
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
21 REPLIES 21

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
I’m still leaning toward a motorhome...

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
As stated brake button on dash with two slide buttons, don’t know how it works though
Two people total weight 280 pounds
We don’t haul a lot of junk

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Don't care how high ratings are on some 1/2 ton trucks. They just do not have the power to perform for the most part. I wouldn't tow over 5,000 pounds loaded tops even if the truck is rated well above. With a 5.0L engine it will struggle at heavier weights especially on long uphill grades.

I towed a 5,000lb hybrid with a 5.7L V8. Performed very well but would not be fun towing more.

That said, more critical to weight is frontal area and overall wind drag. A streamlined low profile trailer will tow easier even if somewhat heavier.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oh, that should tow a 30 footer easy. :B
Sorry, couldn't resist, that's a dealer standard answer.
I would listen to the folks on here, never to a dealer who just wants to sell a unit, regardless of the tow vehicle you have. I would love to help you, but I have a MH so don't worry about towing anything except my toad.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
4X4, probably 3.55 gears. Screw - how many people are you hauling, and how much gear in the bed? 1/2-tons run out of payload before hitting their towing capacity. So I'd be looking at a 24-25' trailer. Do you have the max tow package? Tow mirrors? Brake controller?
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Better question, if you are only asking one, is “what will this truck carry?”

And the old rule applies, buy or select the trailer first.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Towing guides
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman